VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one question.
Do you need registrationpapers in England for an exhaust system? (I mean a tuning exhaust system)
Hope anyone can give me answers.

·
6,197 Posts
By registration paper do you mean like our British Standards build BS9001 etc? Or like an addition to the MOT?
The only people we need to tell are the insurance company to keep up cover.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JimboR32 said:
yup!

Miltek all the way for me thou!
I have heared from Miltek, should be not bad.
But what, if you want more? ;)

Or better, if you can get realy awsome sound in your MK5 like this guy in the video has it in his MK4.

The exhaustsystem for the new MK5 is the same manufacturer as for the MK4.

For the MK5 you can get a 76mm (3") with 2 very nice 100mm (4") exhaust end-pipes.
Here is a picture from the prototype.

Attachments

·
2,808 Posts
Are you selling these? Or asking a question?

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rupo said:
Are you selling these? Or asking a question?
either, my question was if you need to register new exhaust systems in England, and yes I sell those exhausts and my friend and me we are searching for new markets in Europe.
Therefore we need distributors. Hopefully we can find one here, an if not, we can deliver directly.

·
3,732 Posts
you do not need to register them no, we only have to worry about emmissions here in the uk. there are a few people who can distribute them for you, are you looking for companies?

i assume these are full stainless steel?

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very Cherry said:
you do not need to register them no, we only have to worry about emmissions here in the uk. there are a few people who can distribute them for you, are you looking for companies?

i assume these are full stainless steel?
Yes of course, they are full stainless steel! Here in Germany we say "V2A", its the quality of the material.
The emission would be no problem, here in Germany, you will get the "EURO 4" with this exhaust System.

A company who can distribute would be the best. Do you have any adress? (webadress or email)

·
50 Posts
Toddi said:
I have heared from Miltek, should be not bad.
But what, if you want more? ;)

Or better, if you can get realy awsome sound in your MK5 like this guy in the video has it in his MK4.

The exhaustsystem for the new MK5 is the same manufacturer as for the MK4.

For the MK5 you can get a 76mm (3") with 2 very nice 100mm (4") exhaust end-pipes.
Here is a picture from the prototype.
The guy in the clip sounds like he has a Supersprint exhaust system.. very nice sound from those exhausts.. like a Zonda at full chat! Not sure if a Supersprint is fully stainless steel though.

Good luck Toddi, let us know when you are up and running.. and if possible provide any sound clips of one fitted and running.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mattr32 said:
The guy in the clip sounds like he has a Supersprint exhaust system.. very nice sound from those exhausts.. like a Zonda at full chat! Not sure if a Supersprint is fully stainless steel though.

Good luck Toddi, let us know when you are up and running.. and if possible provide any sound clips of one fitted and running.
The exhaust in the clip is not a supersprint, its my exhaust for the R32 MK4.
I hope I will have a car for testing the new MK5 exhaust in the next 2-3 weeks.
Sounds and a Clip will come than shortly. :top:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts