VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what i'm missing from the bottom of the front bumper?..there are spire clips along the bottom edge as if a splitter/chin spoiler should be fitted?..spoke to VW dealer locally and on Etka it only shows the bumper assembly as a whole with no part number or option for a chin spoiler???..can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mine has a little black plastic lip in each side, they dont go all the way across, and the scrape on speed bumps. Do my nut in!

·
198 Posts
It's where the under tray is attached with the two plastic edges on. I've taken mine off so il take a picture of it and upload it later

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
As said you are most likely missing your undertray and the built in winglets.

There is a picture here on page 3 of this thread that should make it clear. In this image the poster is fitting the Leon Cupra Front Splitter, a very common mod. But you can make out the undertray and associated factory 'splitters'.

http://www.r32oc.com...de/page__st__60

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As said you are most likely missing your undertray and the built in winglets.

There is a picture here on page 3 of this thread that should make it clear. In this image the poster is fitting the Leon Cupra Front Splitter, a very common mod. But you can make out the undertray and associated factory 'splitters'.

http://www.r32oc.com...de/page__st__60

Hi
Thanks!..perfect photo!...undertrays are rather expensive...so i think i'll go for a cupra splitter to finish the bumper off after i respray it due to the stonechips!

·
4,420 Posts
Hi
Thanks!..perfect photo!...undertrays are rather expensive...so i think i'll go for a cupra splitter to finish the bumper off after i respray it due to the stonechips!
bear in mind, undertrays are there for a reason

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
You're welcome, as Fathead said, it's not the best option to be missing one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts