VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting a feeler out for now to see if there is any interest in these.

These appear to be the best/most-popular replacement DSG paddles available and I have seen a few posts about these on here in the past.
http://www.s2tpp.com/VW.html

I have been in touch with TGD (http://www.tgdperformance.co.uk) who are listed as the official supplier of these in the UK. While he doesn't keep these in stock at the moment, he has suggested that he can get them slightly cheaper than the listed price on the S2T website although I would still have to pay the customs/import duty.

I propose that if there are a few members who would like a set of these, that we club together and put in a single order of multiple items, this way only paying the import/customs duty once and saving each individual paying the full amount (the last time I had something delivered from the US, the duty was ~£30 for an item >£100).

Please don't expect an unreasonable discount on the list price (i.e. it will likely be a few £, not half-price), but you would essentially be saving money on the import.
Also bear in mind that you would probably have to add postage on top of any price, since these would be shipped to a single address and then posted out individually.

Let me know here if you would be interested, and if the chap at TGD is up for it I will organise something more formal if there are enough people.
I am going to be getting a set regardless, but if it is something you have considered in the past then here is an opportunity to save a few £

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No-one?

Ok, well I'm getting a pair myself anyway so if anyone does fancy a set, let me know by Friday and I'll get them sent to me and I'll happily ship them out.

FYI, the current prices on the website are:
$265.95 (~£162) for polished
$225.95 (~£137.79) for anodised

Then +$40 for shipping (then ~£30 import/customs tax when it arrives)

I am told that I can get these for:

£150 for polished
£135 for anodised

Not a big saving I know, but again if we order a few then the import duty can be spread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.