VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK

I have a couple of potential problems, thats have come to my attention with my R32 Mk4

There is a tapping type noise coming from under the bonnet, its sounds like its coming from two areas, one being the little black circular black cap on the left of the engine, and the second from the main head of the engine ( sorry you can tell i dont have a clue about cars engines)

The second is the drivers door started to squeek when driving, i'm going to try some WD40 as i first point of call, but if the door has dropped thats a different matter, just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems

Third the beep has stopped when i leave the lights on, is this a fuse issue, of vagcom/computer issue?

Hopefully you can take my description and put it into techincally correct text. :blushed:

·
572 Posts
Tapping will be the charcoal filter next to the coolant expansion tank. Other tapping from engine could just be injectors. Try some silicone grease round the rubber door seals. Can't answer yout third one.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks fella

I take it i can just pull off the cap with a bit of a tug, and wash out the filter. I will try the grease. Do the injectors always sound like that? it might be the filter i'm hearing.

Guy

·
572 Posts
Guy said:
thanks fella

I take it i can just pull off the cap with a bit of a tug, and wash out the filter. I will try the grease. Do the injectors always sound like that? it might be the filter i'm hearing.

Guy
Don't touch the charcoal filter/canister. You cannot clean it. It's job is to absorb fuel vapour from the fuel tank and once the engine starts, the vapour is fed back into engine and burnt off. The ticking you hear is the solenoid in it opening/closing.

·
842 Posts
yeah that solenoid is bloody annoying... i removed the charcaol can and associated bits on my last car but i'm certain the R will throw up the emissions lamp

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bugger ok, will leave it be then, seems strange how its only now i started hearing it.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
lol, I got worried about the tapping noise too and did a thread on it about a year ago... still got my picture I used...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts