VW Golf R32 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Andrew21 said:
Car looked and sounded fantastic mate! credit to ya!
Only seen it on here this morning but I have it recorded at home so will watch it properly tonight!

Was funny how he just acted as if it was factory standard lol
Thanks pal, yes they said that they would use the written down stats from the brochure lol

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks pal, yes they said that they would use the written down stats from the brochure lol

Looks really well. Made me want to leave work and go home and clean/detail mine haha and iv just spent 6 hours on Sunday there lol

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Michelle said:
Watched it this morning !! Very jealous

Looked wicked as always, not suprised with how often you wax it lol
Ahh thanks Mrs

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
My brakes are standard discs, and it is about 80mm lower , not sure exactly as its coilovers but when measured against a standard one was about 8cm closer to floor
Haha, that is quite a difference. If someone went along to view a standard R this weekend on the back of the show they might be in for a bit of a shock.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
DANMKIV said:
'Cheapskate alternatives' ... Douche
To be fair for the quality of car they are well cheap

·
72 Posts
Every 20k for the Haldex?????, i thought it was every 40k and as for the timing chain to be done post 100k, that is utter bollocks !!!!!!! Mine is sub 100k with no timing chain issues, i know there are many members here with post 100k without problems, unfortunatly the internet highlights issues in the minority, It's nice to see a members .:R to be showcased in this review

·
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Every 20k for the Haldex?????, i thought it was every 40k and as for the timing chain to be done post 100k, that is utter bollocks !!!!!!! Mine is sub 100k with no timing chain issues, i know there are many members here with post 100k without problems, unfortunatly the internet highlights issues in the minority, It's nice to see a members .:R to be showcased in this review
its haldex oil at 20k and filter at 40k, and timing chains last longer than 100k, I'm on 105k at the moment and still going strong

Reactions: Jaymzee

·
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That's great to hear......................Long live the MKIV timing chain
woop! lets see how long i can go before it breaks!

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Jaymzee said:
I said on the day that the timing chain thing was bollox. It's the low mileage rarely used ones that they break in as they dry up.

The haldex thing is important

Mine has done 107,000 miles on on the day at 5th gear had done about 104,000

They said that Jason had to read what the researcher had put on the script

·
72 Posts
It won't break, there is too much scare mongering about our chains.....................................anything mechanical can fail, as i said before the internet can highlight the minority and scare the rest of us thinking the worse will happen !!!!!!

·
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
It won't break, there is too much scare mongering about our chains.....................................anything mechanical can fail, as i said before the internet can highlight the minority and scare the rest of us thinking the worse will happen !!!!!!
you are right, anything mechanical can break, and it scares a lot of people, but on the other hand if other mechanical things break you can fix them, if chain breaks, its engine rebuild, so i guess people are right to be scared somewhat, but unless there are some kind of telltale signs, I'm not touching mine

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Michelle said:
Just the once right ?? Hahahaha
Er no, I have watched it 3 times whilst texting an attractive girl

·
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Er no, I have watched it 3 times whilst texting an attractive girl

i know I'm attractive but I'm not a girl

Reactions: MIQ

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
TimF said:
Car looked absolutely brilliant in the shoot. Pretty cool!
Thank you

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nice work mate - looked mint, as usual!

Reactions: MIQ
41 - 60 of 91 Posts