VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that dude who drove the ferrari to italy to deliver the cake...

thats my mate!!!

john smith, i havent seen him for about 5 years and i had no idea he'd made it to the tv!

i spat my tea all over the carpet when i spotted him :D

when i last spoke to him he had just moved from working for an aircooled vw magazine to a different publication (fast car i think) and was hoping for a job with fhm or nuts mag

who would have thunk it that he would get into mainstream tv!

his delivery could do with a bit of a polish but very pleased for him

theres hope for us all!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MATR32 said:
does he still have his vw bug?
that light blue one? he hardly ever drove that cos his mrs used it mainly if i remember. like i said its been a while since i saw him.. last time was at the photoshoot at santapod for my beetle... in fact, in the magazine article theres a shot of his legs poking out of my passenger window where he decided to dive through! :D

bless

would love to catch up with him

you know him too?

·
544 Posts
you have a bug?me too what year is yours? mine is a 1956 oval that i have just put a 2332cc mtr in.

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 1962 nick named 'vwampire slayer' featured in dubscene magazine... issue 3 or 4 i think, poster on the center pages :D

2.1, peliquin box, eliminator heads, dell 45's, merged header, kerscher disks all round, porsche leather interior

i could spend hours listing the mods :hmmmm:

·
544 Posts
yes i know mine cost me ££££ and still not done.

but its all good fun

·
544 Posts
:rofl: :bootyshake: yes that was i quick pic after 2 years in the grg and its first time in the daylight so took a pic to mark the occasion its all built up now just need to wire up the mallory ignition system and do the full flow system and fuel line ++++ all the little bits now.

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i see the deep sump, and true your flowing it, but is that all your doing for cooling?

i stayed with an off centred fan (balanced and welded) then cut a square into the firewall, made up a 45degree box section to join it that ran through the passenger luggage space, then cut a hole into the floor that exits above the gearbox

a little mesh for filtering and presto... fresh blown air! also fitted a rad into the flow pipework and mounted it just behind the gearbox

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh and some velocity stacks to help channel the extra air!

word of warning tho, if you go for something like that then make sure your decklid catch is solid and drill some stealth vents behind your number plate

else the car following you will be wearing you deck :D

·
544 Posts
i have done the oil cooler as well and welded fan.i got all my bits from vw speed shop in manchester. i just went over and said give me the lot

·
544 Posts
Very Cherry said:
:s: bloomin eck

you were feeling like shopping werent you! gauges in there too i see

autometer?
yes autometer tacho and oil temp and oil pressure and a complete cb performance front end and the list goes on and on and on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Getting back the Fifth Gear, I thought the MEO of Ferrari was down right rude, to make cvcomment's about the quality of the cake, even before he'd tried it.not very professional IMO

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he's worshipped in his country so i guess he can behave how he likes and get away with it... being honest tho, cant say as i liked the car either.. bit dull and the wheels were too small

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very Cherry said:
he's worshipped in his country so i guess he can behave how he likes and get away with it... being honest tho, cant say as i liked the car either.. bit dull and the wheels were too small
Good manners don't cost anything IMO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts