VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending 2 full afternoons searching for this p*xy rattling noise from underneath the R i think i will have to book it in for someone else to have a go at solving this problem it is definatley not the heat sheild as the two welds are still intact so does anyone know of any independant vw garages in the kent area as i def dont want to use main dealer unless last resort i think the nearest to me are big boys toys has anyone had call to use them as if it does turn out to be the exhaust i will probably have a milltek system fitted as well as oil and filter change BILL

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate if the cat has gone would this not have shown up on the mot as i only had it tested 4 days ago and whatever is rattling was doing it prior to me having the car mot,d

·
748 Posts
BBT Are very good I had all my work down there take your car there mate!

·
3,732 Posts
BBT used to have a bad name for cheap parts that perished too quickly, but theyve stepped their game up these days so i think youll be just fine there

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just been down to BBT despite getting there at 3:30 (they close at four) they could not have been more helpful checked car over and are pretty sure its the rear calipers rattling may just need new pads (hopefully) so iam having haldex fluid and filter changed along with brake fluid and treating the R to a short shift kit BILL

G

·
Excellent always good to hear about good service - which short shift kit are you getting?

Were you tempted to get anything else?

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi am getting a nuespeed shortshift kit am tempted when funds allow to get a milltek and i think the large disc and caliper kit would be awesome BILL

G

·
I have the Neuspeed Short shift kit too - you'll really like it - makes the throw really positive - takes a few trips to get used to though :151:

·
Registered
61 Posts
do you have a rear sway bar? if so what brand could be that, it sound like it's coming from under your seat because of the harmonics that travel threw the frame. i have the same sort of rattle but i greased up all my bars and no more squeeky

·
1,105 Posts
i recently had a rattle on mine, so did a bit of searching
turns out a pebble is in the exhaust
lol
hafizur

1 - 12 of 12 Posts