VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well ive had my first Bump, was my own fault, although enraged by a van who almost smashed into me, didnt notice someone slam on infront of me.. "Sits and eats his humble pie" Its my first ever bump too, real gutted its happened in my best car to date.. lol

Anyhows, wasnt too bad, i certainly came off worse. Im now the proud owner of a cracked (in 3 places) large front chrome grill. Im praying to god you can get these not with the bumper, or am i about to weep when i try and get it repaired?

The large air dam under the numberplate has got some smashed plastic too, hopefully that wont be too hard to repair.

So if anyone couild fill me in on the repair situation of these chrome grills id really really appreciate it.

Ill get some pics up when i get home

Cheers folks

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers man,

seems they are hard to find, or if ordered via VW can take months and months to arrive.. bugger....

The hunt begins. lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
FoeR32 said:
cheers man,

seems they are hard to find, or if ordered via VW can take months and months to arrive.. bugger....

The hunt begins. lol
Sorry to hear this...you must be gutted.

I would try vagparts or DSGwagen. They can usually source absolutely anything VAG much cheaper than dealers.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha Ha, Jonny, Big tart indeed... Hence to say your gonna be down once she`s replaired.. give her some tlc again.. lol

Cheers for the heads up on vagparts or DSGwagen alex, will check them out later....

Ive put some pics up so you can feel my pain.. lol

Attachments

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Ah mate, could have been much worse. Maybe the ideal opportunity to look at a carbon one or a different colour maybe? If your not into that sort of thing, I'm sure they are widely available. Glad it's only slight cosmetic :wink:

·
1,184 Posts
I'd say a lucky man by the looks of that light damage. Could've been way worse. Hope you get sorted m8

·
1,084 Posts
Gutted for ya mate.

The part is available seperately. Try hunting for a second hand one off someone who has gone for a CF grille.

Just be thankful the bonnet and wings are OK.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:)

Cheers guys, Yeh things dont look too bad today. Although these grills do seem to be rarer than rocking horse shite.

Jay, id love to start modding, but this is my company car.. lol... oooops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts