VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get my 07 R32 tomorrow, and the only thing i am currently planning to change on the car is the stereo, and poss the speakers later

have found what looks like a reasonable deal on the the following

Kenwood DNX-7200 - Head unit with Sat Nav
KCA-BT100 - Bluetooth adapter
GTM-10 - Traffic Message Channel Adapter
KCA-IP300 - Ipod connector

Only thing that bothers me a little is the standard of the fit of the head unit, i have seen some aftermarket fits on double Din that look a bit pants with uneven gaps

Comments please on the above, has anyone any experience of the above ?

thanks in advance

Phil G

·
1,432 Posts
Hi,

I have the aforementioned Kenwood DNX-7200 in my MkIV R32 and I am very happy with the fit and finish of it. I also have the ipod connector which does video too and I couldnt be happier.

Having the SATNAV in the one unit is brilliant, you will be very happy with it.

·
208 Posts
Hi.. i have a mk V with the kenwood 6029, bluetooth, sat nav and ipod and stering wheel controlls.. the fit is perfect and a great system. Although they have just upgraded to the 8029 which i saw the other day and was very impressed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well all the bits arrived and are now installed - No pics yet sorry :(

Not really happy with the trim adapter but i have a new on order from USA as per a UK-MKIV forum post so hopefully this will improve things

I also installed it with a standard ISO adapter loom, which means you have to turn it on and off manually, and a couple of other functions are missing which is a pain, so im looking for the can-bus adaptor, to do the job properly.

Overall the unit is very good, the sat nav is great, if a little diff to my TomTom, one thing that im not happy about is that it does not talk to my older Ipod, only the new Video and Nano Ipod :(so it looks like i need a new ipod, and with rumors of a new Ipod soon i might just hold off till then or buy a 2nd hand one off Ebay

Not yet managed to set up the bluetooth hands free unit yet, and im planning to add the rear camera to use as a parking aid might add that next month.

Pretty surprised with the standard of the OEM speakers as well, might just leave them be

I will update this thread as i go and add some pics when i get chance

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
The standard speakers are made by Phillips. There is a significant difference once they are upgraded.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Phil Gr said:
Well all the bits arrived and are now installed - No pics yet sorry :(

Not really happy with the trim adapter but i have a new on order from USA as per a UK-MKIV forum post so hopefully this will improve things

I also installed it with a standard ISO adapter loom, which means you have to turn it on and off manually, and a couple of other functions are missing which is a pain, so im looking for the can-bus adaptor, to do the job properly.

Overall the unit is very good, the sat nav is great, if a little diff to my TomTom, one thing that im not happy about is that it does not talk to my older Ipod, only the new Video and Nano Ipod :(so it looks like i need a new ipod, and with rumors of a new Ipod soon i might just hold off till then or buy a 2nd hand one off Ebay

Not yet managed to set up the bluetooth hands free unit yet, and im planning to add the rear camera to use as a parking aid might add that next month.

Pretty surprised with the standard of the OEM speakers as well, might just leave them be

I will update this thread as i go and add some pics when i get chance
you can pick up a ign feed from the cig lighter just 2 t20 torx to gain acces, if this is the main prob then will save you the can bus interface. the only thing this will give you is speed pulse.

Lee
LMAudio

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bugger wish i had seen this post yesterday, i have just had the dash apart fitting my new trim adapter i got off Ebay USA £11 delivered :D

Now looks the part.

Oh well maybe a weekend job,

Excellent suggestion BTW :congrats:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts