VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking for a good long while now (few months) about getting a tattoo.
Now i have the sort of mother who would cut the arm i got a tattoo on off.
But nout to do with her anyway.

So im going abroad on monday and i thought about getting one whilst im there but ive since decided agaist such a thing as it sounds like the perfect setup for a disaster.

So i'll be waiting till im back and then getting down to business hopefully.

First question will any tattoo artist do you a design that say you just bring in a pic of because i was thinking along the lines of this: http://www.tribaltattoo.me.uk/images/tribal-tattoo.jpg

Second what are your views overall on this matter?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I like those tatt, infact i'm planning my next with something along the same lines.

Only prob is in my job i cant have stuff on my forearms tho so it'll be on my arm or back.

Go for it mate, I reckon Tatts are cool in the right place and if done to the right taste.

Only thing i'll say is i'd find a well known tattoo place near where you live, because you may go abroad and he messes it up.

·
3,732 Posts
my mum hates tatoos too :D didnt stop me lol

make sure you choose a good artist, your the one who has to wear it so dont just go for someone who has a shop! look at work theyve done, most keep photos, dont rely on drawings on a wall.

make sure the place is clean and sterile too!

i designed all of my tatoos and they all tuned out brilliant, most will happilly do that for you, some may suggest an alteration to it if needed to suit the area your putting it on, but you should have all the control

dont fear it, chicks dig ink :D

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
I wouldn't advise it but it's your body. If you are set on having one, imagine yourself when you're 50, would you still be happy with it? If so, fine.

I know it shouldn't be a factor but if I'm interviewing someone and I spot tattoos it counts against them. Only slightly and wouldn't stop them getting a job (I employ a guy with many hidden ones) but it is a neg in my mind.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always wear long sleeved shirts for interviews lol so not a worry.
They wouldnt know until i'd got the job.

And many people are telling me to think about when im 50 and whatever but im young and dont look at things that way.
Its about what happens now that im concerned with and therefore im not really arsed what i'll think in so many years.

Theres always the option of laser removal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tattoos are awesome, and i think if you like somethin that much to have it tattoed on your skin you shouldnt really go off it. Get something you like as supposed to something thats fashionable, i have 6, and love em all, got stars, tribal etc if you want it that much mate do it.... plus like they said chicks dig ink lol

·
1,432 Posts
I like the idea of a barcode or similar like they have in films to tell one member of the population from the next instead of having names. I have my tongue pierced, not sure about having a tattoo tho because of some of the reasons already mentione above such as image and what I will think when I'm older etc.

·
198 Posts
I no it's each to there own and i totally agree, i hate to see them on show, i think it' a bit chavish but when you can keep them covered up i like.

P.s i have my tounge peirced too (wouldn't have it done again though, not coz it hurts just cause you cant eat and i fooooking love eating).:love:

·
244 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I like the idea of a barcode or similar like they have in films to tell one member of the population from the next instead of having names.
Are you being cheeky Fifty? I have a barcode on my lower back ;-)

·
244 Posts
I will try Shane, but I am not that good with this picture stuff.

Its not massive or anything but i love it! I have actually got three tattoos, and am planning another one. Once you start yu tend to get addicted, or I have anyway.

·
1,432 Posts
As soon as I saw you had posted in this thread my next action was to read your post stating that you have a tat then the next thing I saw was Shanes signature. My my the things that when through my mind in those few milliseconds!

Seriously tho, not at all Fi, im serious about the barcode thing I think its really cool. There was another similar idea I had but I cant remember it right now.

·
1,184 Posts
Agreed fifty, Shane's sig is very (pleasantly) distracting. I want to know who the steering 'rack' belongs to! Tats rule, take your own design and get some advice from the artist, they should be willing and helpful, enough to draw you a copy on the skin fr you to look at first-assumming it isn't too complex!

·
244 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
As soon as I saw you had posted in this thread my next action was to read your post stating that you have a tat then the next thing I saw was Shanes signature. My my the things that when through my mind in those few milliseconds!
Now, I am going to take that as a compliment, whether it was meant that way or not!! ;-) x

·
1,432 Posts
Indeed it was entirely complimentary. Serial number is another idea but I'm sure there was something even better but I still cant remember it.

Anyways, how about having a magic-eye tattoo, thatd be awesome wouldnt it! Would it work though?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shane, liking the one on the arm/chest, quite fancy something like that myself.

I wonder who will be the first to have the .:R32 done?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts