VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to fitting my US spec rear lights,was a pain in the arse to find and remove last nut on passenger side

before pic..
After pic....

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Thanks pal....i liked the standard ones but think these look much fresher.
I couldn't agree with that statement more ****, it's amazing how such a little change makes a big difference. Hence why i've just bought some myself yesterday, was gonna fit them tonight but it's raining. Still, as long as they're on for Sunday eh!!

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't agree with that statement more ****, it's amazing how such a little change makes a big difference. Hence why i've just bought some myself yesterday, was gonna fit them tonight but it's raining. Still, as long as they're on for Sunday eh!!
Thanks RJH,was a right pain to remove old ones,well happy though as fitted them and didnt mess anything up for once.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I don't care if it takes me an hour, i'll be gentle, i'm not breaking them under any circumstances.
On the drivers side there is 2 10mm nuts to undo and then a arrow shaped nipple inside a rubber insert. On the passenger its 3 nuts 1 of which (in the corner) is as good as inaccessible if you have normal man hands!

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VW's design of the MK4 rear light fittings are appauling! I broke my first set of lights
Totally agree......i followed the utube on how to do only took him minutes took me a lot longer as didnt want to break lights removing them,at least if have to remove them again will know how they come of....

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the drivers side there is 2 10mm nuts to undo and then a arrow shaped nipple inside a rubber insert. On the passenger its 3 nuts 1 of which (in the corner) is as good as inaccessible if you have normal man hands!
my drivers side had 3 nuts that had to come of and also the arrow shaped bit....thought were also 8mm size nuts.The corner one on passengers side was a nightmare to remove had to remove all first aid bit area un clip a loom of wires and hold down and behind loom was a small square hole had to use extended ratchet to get to it then the bloody nut fell down and took ages to find

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
my drivers side had 3 nuts that had to come of and also the arrow shaped bit....thought were also 8mm size nuts.The corner one on passengers side was a nightmare to remove had to remove all first aid bit area un clip a loom of wires and hold down and behind loom was a small square hole had to use extended ratchet to get to it then the bloody nut fell down and took ages to find
Some use blu-tack on the tip to aid the holding of the screw if they don't have magnetic tips.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Look perfect on a black car

And i repeat the above, the passenger side is a bitch. I accidentally broke my standard ones on my last car in frustration!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts