VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought some from dubpower for my mk4

I'll be DIY fitting them myself and was just wondering is anyone else has? any tips? or does anyone know of a guide on the net?

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,324 Posts
Never fitted any but i would guess it is a case of un-bolting you old cat pipe and manifolds and bolting these in place with new gaskets and bolts.

·
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I guess but it's nice to know of anyone else who's done it.

I removed a bmw m3 s50b30 manifold once it required you to jack the engine up slightly off it's mount to get the manifold out.

·
1,063 Posts
I was quoted £300+ to fit manifolds as its a complete pig of a job but well worth trying it yourself if your confident enough & have the equipment to do it!

·
719 Posts
I fitted my own on my mkv . Was tight but just take your time, I had to take the inlet manifold off which meant front bumper and front clip removed to get to some of the lower bolts in the inlet manifold, then it's easier to take the heat shield and all the manifold nuts off, spray the manifold bolts with wd40 and leave for a bit as a couple of mine snapped I'd also get some new cat- manifold bolts as these where a bit rusty and snapped also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.