VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
682 Posts
They look great, I've always wanted to do them, if I've got a pic somewhere, I'll see if I can find it

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Cool thanks, do they fit ok been lookin at a few set and there like 10j et 52 on the back! Lol
10's on the rear need work to fit, rolling and a tyre stretch at the least. You will need to run 4 tyres that are the same rolling radius.

The best thing to do is buy 4 fronts and use them all round

·
533 Posts
I'll dig out some pics of mine, you won't need to roll te rear arches. On the rear of a mk4 there's no lip to roll, only flaring if you want to get it painted after.

You'll just a healthy stretch and to work the offsets out well.

It'll probably end up being a 225 on a 10 inch rim

·
1,332 Posts
10s will easily fit on the rear no trouble at all I'm running 9.5j on the rear ET13 225 40 18 tyres go strait on

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I'd still rather 4x fronts and 4 matching tyres with no crazy stretch.

The 10's will go on but you need stretch. IMO too much stretch

·
19,389 Posts
Remember there is a difference of 6.4mm in RR between a new tyre and a worn one so Haldex will easily handle a 4mm diffetence.

Only concern would be you could get a worst case of 10.4mm with a 4mm sidewall difference.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Remember there is a difference of 6.4mm in RR between a new tyre and a worn one so Haldex will easily handle a 4mm diffetence.

Only concern would be you could get a worst case of 10.4mm with a 4mm sidewall difference.
I was going to mention the tolerance % but i couldnt remember?

My advice would be to always run within the 6.4mm worst case scenario

·
575 Posts
Theres a chap local runs 11J rears with no arch work at all!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts