VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so VW changed the switch on my left paddle yesterday because it was a bit intermittent. Worked beautifully on the way home last night, actually enjoying driving this car now. This morning, for the first 10 miles the left paddle worked maybe 50% of the time then perfectly for the remaining 10 miles. Condensation maybe? Back to the stealers or see how it pans out?

Cheers,

Jo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luckily, they're only 5 minutes walk from where I work. I'm not going to kick off for now and give them the chance to fix it. I think the service has been good so far and when they test drove it it was fine, and it was fine going home last night. I noticed when they test drove it they had put a protective platic on the sterring wheel which I thought was good too.

Tomorrow they are going to check through the wiring. Hmmm, am worried I'll get a car back full of squeaks and rattles....

My gut feeling is that its condensation, was very frosty this morning, I'm half-tempted to leave it to "bed in".

Confused. Want it sorted but don't want my car pulled to pieces.

·
2,808 Posts
dont think things like that 'bed in' mate. get back down the stealers and tell them it still isnt working. I had a similar thing on my lupo, kept goin back, they told me theyd fixed it and then a mile up the road it busted.
Remember, VW test these cars in super extreme climates (well, more than british frost anyway) so that they dont go wrong! You shouldnt have to wait for it to fix itself. It should just work. Maybe if it was a french motor Id expect it.
Dont take ANY shite of them either mate. Your the customer that bought a brand new, flagship, car. It should work. Period. And get a toureg as a courtesy car. Saw someone in one the other day.

Ps. dont quite know why Iv got so heated about this....?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, they've looked at it today and the "control unit" is showing an "implausible signal" from the switch. They have sent the data off to VW HQ to see what the next step is. Sounds odd to me, but they seem to be willing to get to the bottom of it so that is good.

8 days until AmD!!

G

·
Let's hope its fixed in time. Have you mentioned the mods to your stealership - as they might try to say your warranty is in valid if your car is modded.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I told them and I had the whole conversation about that they would have to demonstrate that the mod caused the fault. They seem quite reasonable actually.

G

·
bhindibhaji said:
Yes, I told them and I had the whole conversation about that they would have to demonstrate that the mod caused the fault. They seem quite reasonable actually.
Excellent as long as you've covered it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts