VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Hi all, had a good look about now on the forum aswell as others, plenty of guides on how to remove the other style vents but how do you remove the flush vents, im after removing the centre vent, ive removed all the switches/etc, but im stuck now, it feels like im going to break something as i keep pulling it out, the top seems to be really tight but the bottom keeps moving out. The top louvre is either broke or has fell out of its guide

Thanks all

Sam.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
While there out get some Bora illuminated flush vents and make a DIY loom!

Much nicer IMO, and best mod i did in my R32

Wez

·
Registered
613 Posts
Aaaahhhh still look good though I'd imagine
I seem to have no interior lights
checked fuse n that's fine no courtesy lights no lights at bottom of doors etc.. I've also noticed that before when they worked that if I had it set to lights on when doors open my alarm would go off in the dead of night? It's a Clifford alarm system fitted pretty much when the car came off the proddy line! Any ideas anyone?

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i was told a while back that some r32 vents came with leds in the rear, and some didnt, after taking the buttons out on mine ive spotted two wires hanging down, so its looking like ive got them
, going to have a go tomorrow then, any ideas if i can access the louvres behind the main flaps which close the vents (from the picture above)

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aaaahhhh still look good though I'd imagine
I seem to have no interior lights
checked fuse n that's fine no courtesy lights no lights at bottom of doors etc.. I've also noticed that before when they worked that if I had it set to lights on when doors open my alarm would go off in the dead of night? It's a Clifford alarm system fitted pretty much when the car came off the proddy line! Any ideas anyone?
is there an audible buzz when drivers side door is open and lights on are ?, if not it looks like door switches have gone, either dry joint on the circuit board, or the micro switch itself, there is a guide on vw vortex for this

Thanks

Sam.

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should pull out. There's no Torx on the middles
Hi mate, does the bottom half of the vents normally come loose first ?, no hidden clips which need edging down at the top ?, just feels like its going to snap off !!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Hi mate, does the bottom half of the vents normally come loose first ?, no hidden clips which need edging down at the top ?, just feels like its going to snap off !!
Ive never removed mine to be honest, ive got a set in my hand though and there are no hidden screws or torx. Just plastic wedges that look like they need to be lifted up and oot

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Ive never removed mine to be honest, ive got a set in my hand though and there are no hidden screws or torx. Just plastic wedges that look like they need to be lifted up and oot

·
556 Posts

·
19,388 Posts
My response at 9.44PM is before your post at 9.39pm?! WTF
Could it be that the time stamp is when the reply is started and not when actually posted.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Well i was told a while back that some r32 vents came with leds in the rear, and some didnt..
You know what, i knew this, but never checked mine when i removed the standard vents.. Not that it mattered as i already had a mint set of Bora vents ready to go in as their replacement so they would have gone in regardless.. Might check them tomorrow.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Could it be that the time stamp is when the reply is started and not when actually posted.
On the quoted post yeah but the stamp in the 'header' is when you press 'Post'

Also if what you say is true, i still answered his question before he asked it....Spooky

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts

·
19,388 Posts
On the quoted post yeah but the stamp in the 'header' is when you press 'Post'

Also if what you say is true, i still answered his question before he asked it....Spooky
You must be psychiatric:)

Reactions: PaulW
1 - 20 of 34 Posts