VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i currently own a Focus RS and am looking to change.
i'm after some advice on the R32.
Looking for a 03 plate (ish)
My RS is currently running 286bhp so therefore will be quicker than the standard R32.
What performance mods are available and at what sort of costs for the R32 to match/exceed the RS's power?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

As for mods, around £2.5k will get you cams, remap, performance exhaust and a cold air intake and that'll be good for around 290bhp. Take into account the haldex 4wd and you'll be laughing at other RS owners :D

·
2,808 Posts
Duno, FRS is a pretty lightweight car, might not beable to do much with an R32 for a straight line match but like said above 4wd is pretty good. Then again so is the LSD on the FRS, but probably not with 280bhp going through it.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
The focus is a great car, a guy in my road has one.. nicely modded as well.

I do prefer the .R32 though, (obviously..lol as i bought one.:D)

But the focus is certainly a rare car. You dont see many of them around.

·
1,084 Posts
The R32 is not the cheapest car for performance modding, but it has the ability to make you smile when just cruising around slowly. The fit and finish is so refined, and the power delivery very smooth. The soundtrack helps too.

Maybe you should look at a Golf GTi ED30/ Audi S3 or even something Japanese if your main concern is horsepower.

Not sure of the exact cost but you could always stick FI on the R32, as some folks on here have done (we have both s/c and turbo'd members).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.