VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday saw me arriving in Southport to detail Mark's 3 month old .:R.
To say i was shocked by what the dealer had done was an understatement.

Here are a few before's after i had washed it.

As you can see, there is a fair amount if swirls and some weren't exactly light either.
Also what you can't see on the shot is holograms which appear to be from a bad machine polish.

So after the first few passes with the metabo, it was starting to look a lot better.

After finishing polish, ready for glazing and sealant it looked liek this...

so a few completed pictures

Just like to thank Mark, who took me for a very much needed pub tea (how nice are the burgers :O ) after a hard days work in the sun :)

Thanks

Jonny (Pure Detail)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Excellent work. Amazing the state the dealers send new cars out in.

Looks very similar spec to mine except mine is black. My reg also begins MJ07. Mine is fitted with Bridgestones though not Dunlops.

Love the novel placement of the tax disc.

Are those wheels the most difficult ever to clean or what?

Also interesting to see the n/s exhaust was dirtier than the o/s, just like mine.

·
17 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to Jonny for not only making my car look as clean as a nuns privates, but informing me loads about how to keep my car nice and clean and how to look after it. And how to spend hundreds on cleaning products.. lol

Was a top top day, especially a work day.

And by god, them burgers are friggin great.. The Hesketh In Churchtown if anyones passing!

Couldnt advise Jonny enough to anyone, Top Guy & a Top Job. Really is good seeing someone take that much pride in there work.. Keep it up mate :)

Mark, P , Foe, Gronny

·
155 Posts
to jonny really. i have a DBP also 3 months old and also have swirls from the dealer and would love them removed. i live near leeds is that with in you range. also how much do you charge for the same as above
thanks

·
277 Posts
I'm also near Leeds (huddersfield) and would be interested in a price for a polish and
deep wax (the car lol )

I do keep up tp cleaning it but would be interested in what was option you have, i have heard if oyu use a thick furniture was it lasts months, but never tried it.

Let me know

Guy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts