VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New song I've been recording tonight.
The drums will be better once my real drummer comes in and does them right but for now you'll have to deal with my crappy skillz.
Also there's only 2 guitars \ Synth \ Drums in the song thusfar and I haven't really mixed it obviously, but I've NEVER been more excited about a song I've written, and doing it in such a short timeframe and everything coming together makes me in a good mood and I NEED some genuine feedback on it.

Check it on the myspace:
http://myspace.com/idiotboxonline

or DL it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/10....html

LET ME HEAR YOUR VOICES !!! :thumbup:

·
1,222 Posts
Element256, I will try and be as honest as I can!

First I am a big Fan of Heavy Metal, also like a little Industrial, thrash etc... So let me begin with some feedback.

1. The song (The Machine) is very good, however I found it a little one directional the same pattern through out. Maybe a change in direction would help this.
2. What I would have like to see is a 20-30 sec solo by the guitarist & drummer! Let them really open up. So when the guitarist is playing then the drummer keeps quiet etc...
3. This point is really a carry on from point 1, maybe a suggestion would be to change the speed of things. You started the song of at one a level and I was looking for the song to take me to then next level/adrenaline fix. This is achieved in my opinion by speeding the pace up and slowing it down.

I really like this song and all of your songs I would give them a 9/10, and I hope that I have not offended you? I would be interested in downloading your album when completed in a lossless format (FLAC) and if there is a charge then I would be happy to pay.

Keep them tunes coming!

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GREAT feedback !!!

I am actually playing all the instruments on this song so once I get my real drummer in I will definately be putting drum solos into that bridge part.
I will have my guitarists add some fills and solos as well to complete things out.
Like I said I just threw this together last night trying to get a structure and balance to the song.
I am sure the drums will be changed completely and some more off timing will be added before its done.
Thanks again, and I will let you know when the album is all finished out and get you a DL link to it in high rez.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put some vocals on it and an additional guitar towards the end.
Need to mix them a little higher I think.
Myspace has the updated version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.