VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Im selling my Mk5 R32 Golf as I've now got an Amarok through work, so dont need a 'Sensible' car anymore. By sensible I mean 5 doors with lts of room for In-Laws, so selling this to fund a Purchase of something daft in Spring.

I'll be completely Honest and say I've only sold one car privatley before, normally happy to trade in, but in this occassion I couldnt, as I got the 'Rok through the Family Purchase Scheme at VW (Brother in law works for VW).

I've looked in the Trader, and at VW Approved, and tried to come up with the price I think it is worth. Its been on almost a week, and apart from a couple of Jokers, no serious takers yet.

Now I've Started High (As you should!) but will gradully bring it down as my patience wears thin, but I thought I'd share it with you guys on here, and would also appreciate your feedback on what you think its worth.

It has most of the toys on that were available, apart from the Bucket Seats (Recaro's) and Sunroof (Affects handling anyway according to some...), but other than that its quite a low mileage example. Its been well looked after, had all four wheels Refurbed by VW last year (and will have front left done again - just clipped while parking last week!!!).

I've put most of the detail on R32.moonfruit.com, and its also on Ebay and Autotrader too, but I think I will drop the price as all R32's seem to have gone down recently (Well, since I did my homework!)

It is registerted as 2007, but it was registered on New Years Eve, most likely to meet some targets, and collected early January 2008. Its a 5 Dr, in DBP, with DSG and Sat Nav, so I think it should comand a higher price than Manual's, without Sat Nav etc, and be based on a price between 2007 and 2008 cars. The mileage is relatively Low/Avg (Depending if your working on the 10k or 12k Avg?!). There are more expensive ones from non-VW dealers, but there are a few now from VW dealers a bit cheaper, so I will have to bring the price down.

Please have a look at the sites above an give me some feedback, as I want to sell it this side of Christmas!!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,237 Posts
Its always difficult pricing your/our cars as we all feel there worth more than they perhaps are.
They have to pitched just right as to high you won't get any phone calls to low, you sell within days.
This is given as honest feed back, I think yours is a couple grand to high for just below average miles.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Im in the market for a new R and have been looking for a while and saw yours on ebay the other day, it seemed to tick all the boxes ( apart from recaros) but the price put me off straight away. Have a browse of different sites and see where you think it should be. As above post would drop it by a couple of k at least. However it looks a very nice genuine example that are getting hard to find nowadays so GLWS!

·
565 Posts
I sold my r32 in September for £11,500. It was a DBP 3dr with every optional extra you could get and 52000 miles, fvwsh etc. that was cheap though, i didn't even advertise it I just made one phone call and it was gone. I'd say put it at about 12,500.

·
206 Posts
Just for your info Fettler, I would echo the advice about dropping the price a little.

My car is similar to yours - slightly newer, Jan 08, Grey, DSG and Leather but has RNS 510 (SD Card) and has done 28,000. I've been talking with a friend who knows his cars (sold and bought a few shall we say), and looked at ebay/trader/pistonheads, and if I were going to sell mine I'd be putting it on for about £13 - £13,500. Again, this is just to maybe help you and I'm certainly no expert and yours may very well sell for £14-£14,000 - either way GLWS.

·
1,357 Posts
Sell it as much as you can get for it buddy, it's rare to see a really mint example these days without them being chaved up beyond recognition.

I'm lucky enough to be in a position to own a lush Steel Grey one, but keep it in storage with pretty much all the toys, bar sunroof and recaros, FVWSH, Ext Warranty and Service plan... has never wanted for a thing. Only comes out for service and MOT these days - main reason is that I currently live in another country from it -

GLWS - keep the RV's high on these babys!

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, Cheers guys, what a great responce to the New Guy! What your saying does sound right, The price needs to come down. I did the research about 5-6 months ago, and there must've been a price surge, as I took an average of the Autotrader price, and pitched just slightly above to compete with the VW Approved cars, as besides the 'Multi-Point Check' they do, it'll be the same car with the same cover.
It certainly looks like prices have dropped a bit since then though, So I'll adjust it down. I think £2k might be a bit harsh though considering it does have most of the toys, and as THEDOC points out above, His car was registered only a month after mine at the most, has newer Sat Nav, but isnt blue, and he feels his is worth £13,500.

I paid £17,800-ish back in Jan 2011, so I can't complain too much about the cost of motoring etc, I was just hoping that once I cleared the finance, I would have a bit more to play with on the toy for Summer. I've paid for 6 weeks on Autotrader, so I'll knock it down a bit and see what the responce is.
BMANLDN - Its worse with mine, all it does is go A-B, and not on any nice roads either, which I feel is worse because its just not doing what its designed to do. It needs to be with someone who can drive it properly, the DSG was never the ideal choice for commuting, its only any good at speed. If I didn't want to buy a RWD Sports car for next Summer, I'd keep it, but then I'd be too tempted to use it regularly because of its practicality! I had the same dilemma with an RS4. I could get one for hooning about, but I know I'd end up driving it every day, quaffing petrol by the bucket! I need a weekend car that can only be used at weekends (2 seats - No Bootspace etc!!)

I will miss owning this car, despite my hatred of the DSG Box! I bought it on a whim, but still after a lot of research, as I'd always wanted one years ago, but Bought an S2000 instead (I was single, living at home at the time, no need to be 'Sensible').

I sold my S2000 in 2010, car shared with the Mrs for nearly a year (Awfull Idea!!!) then plumped for this after driving down to Barnstaple for it. If I had needed 5 doors back when I got the S2000, I wouldve got the R32, so it just seemed right that while I couldn't decide what to get, and the business was not in a position for me to fleece it for an new S4, I'd get this for a couple of years to have some fun. Unbeknown to me though, the following years would be filled with A-B, Vet Runs, M62's 50mph limit, and general drudgery, and my buddies who I used to go out with on a Sunday morning would sell there fast cars (M3 and AMG Mercs) in favour of sensiblilty, so I had no blow off either. So that is why I've now gone for the Tax Friendly 'Pickup', and will put the funds to a Summer Car, albeit Cheaper than previously.

Thanks again for your help Guys, Keep watching as I will be dropping it steadily!

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Chimpeej, I know, I did join up ages ago, but just never got round to doing much with the car. I bought an Oetinger Carbon Spoiler, only to realise it wasnt a full size thing, but merely the peice that goes in their front bumper, so if anyone wants one, they can have it ultra cheap!

Before I retire from here completely though, can you tell me what sort of power you can get from the Mk5 R32, spending no more than say, £5k on it? I might decide to get an early MK5, strip it out and track prep it if I can get enough power from it. I went to silverstone to drive an Atom, and saw an R32 pounding round, albeit a full fat version, with two full fat occupants! Id like to strip one down for agility, but saying that, itll alway be a heavy car with 4WD (Found that out the first time in the snow!)

It's a shame as you guys seem to be quite 'Active' unlike a lot of forums, where posts go un-noticed for weeks.

All I can do is promise to mention this site to the new owners, and hopefully it wont be like the kid round the corner whos just wrapped a DBP in a Baby Blue Velour Wrap, slammed it within 10mm of the floor, and put black tinted lights everywhere. Terrible waste!!

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, another Price Drop, now £12,950 for a couple of weeks, see how we go. Had a couple of weirdo's and the usual 'webuyyourcarnow' spam efforts, but nothing serious, hopefully I'm getting closer. Ive gotta go to Dortmund on the 11th Dec, so if its not sold by then, it might get a bit more mileage! Bit of Autobahn before she goes! What is the Vmax on these? Limited 155mph??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.