387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pah thats for actors, singers and little mincey ****** balls

http://cbrally.co.uk

this is where the real money play...

:ridinghorse:

·
1,432 Posts
I like seeing the Jackass crew in the Gumball tho, Bams Lambo broke down in the last film that was quite funny.

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a very good friend of mine has done the pre-production for all the gumball movies so far, and is currently ploughing through the footage of this years abandoned rally, ready for next years movie.

was lucky enough to go the kick-off parties of the Paris '04 & London '05 rallies which was pretty cool... if a little pretentious!

managed to *cough* acquire *cough* an entire roll of car race/sponsor stickers off an M5 from the carpark underneath the champs elysees where all the motors were parked overnight before the rally

still got them all and am thinking of stickering up my rusty yellow karmann ghia for beachbuggin in aug (www.beachbuggin.com) or could do the R for the next meet?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Yeah, wasn't there a big crash which killed a couple of locals stood by the road?

·
3,732 Posts
JayCee said:
Yeah, wasn't there a big crash which killed a couple of locals stood by the road?
yeh there was, if i remember rightly it was a couple in a golf minding their own business when a high powered dickhead slammed into them

they tried to keep it from the media to begin with in case of negative press - idiots

i love the concept of gumball etc but the majority (not tarnishing them all) are unexperienced rich kids with cars they cant handle, on roads that the general public are on.

i wouldnt want to be sharing the road with them

rant over

·
3,732 Posts
THE driving partner of a rally enthusiast from Prestwich has been given a two-year suspended sentence for killing an elderly couple in a car crash in Macedonia.

Nicholas Morley, aged 30, had been driving in the famous 3,000-mile Gumball Rally with Matthew McConville, aged 36, from Gardner Road, Prestwich, at the time of the crash.

Their Porsch 911 hit a Volkswagen Golf near the Albanian border on May 4, killing Vladimir Chepunjoski, aged 67, and his wife Margarita.

Wealthy businessman Morley, aged 30, from Bowdon, Cheshire, who was at the wheel at the time of the crash, was convicted of "endangering traffic, leading to death" by a court in Struga, Macedonia, after a week-long trial. His suspended sentence means he is free to return to this country.

Co-driver Mr McConville was not prosecuted.

Members of Morley's family issued a statement after his court case which said: "We are delighted and relieved that Nick is on his way home. We have maintained all along that Nick was involved in a tragic accident and entirely innocent of the charges brought against him."

Morley was held in the notorious Ohrid Prison in Macedonia while he awaited trial.

He spent 23-hours-a-day in his cell at the prison, which has been criticised as overcrowded and cramped by prison watchdogs.

This year's Gumball Rally, which attracts the rich and famous, was from London to Istanbul and back.

nice to see the driver only got a suspended sentance, and that his family are delighted

:motz:

i rest my case :hmpf:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts