VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - Just wanted to say a quick hi! :shakehands:

I was the only American .:R at GTI International this Saturday, and met a couple who handed me a flyer (cant remember their names). They really hooked me up as I oggled thier fine dark-blue (midnight pearl?) .:R (one of 79 I recall?).... freakin' sweet. I would have come back for Sunday as well, but I could only take soo much fun in tha' mud. But it was a great event - I'll try and post some pics of my .:R when I get on my home computer later.

I'll be in England until August (roughly), so let me know if there are any more events coming up - I'd love to meet more of you! This is my first post, but I think I may know a few of you from vwvortex.com - same name, different forum.

:ciao:

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
welcome!! i believe it was Rob and Caroline who spoke to you. very nice car! we saw you there, but i didnt believe it was american!!

How come you have an american r, and live in germant!? :O

:D

·
3,732 Posts
are you in the forces or something? usa/germany link with planes makes me think that

probably wrong - often am :D

welcome btw :hello:

·
385 Posts
welcome aboard chap

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Welcome mate, Were you in the show and shine with the blue R that had the front badge colour coded ?

And i think it will have been Rob and Caroline because they did a fine PR job over the two days.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wayne said:
welcome!! i believe it was Rob and Caroline who spoke to you. very nice car! we saw you there, but i didnt believe it was american!!

How come you have an american r, and live in germant!? :O

:D
Yes I believe you're right!

Yes, my .:R is American spec, because I am an American stationed in Germany. Not a bad gig huh?

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
macdaddy said:
Welcome mate, Were you in the show and shine with the blue R that had the front badge colour coded ?
That was mine! I wasnt really trying to win any awards, I just wanted to show-off my car a little... makes me feel special.
I also had the LED display sign in my back window - it's hard-wired into my car with a hidden switch in my dash BTW! :tee:

·
3,732 Posts
Wayne said:
Yea, we was admiring that! how do you put in different messages?
do you mean like a dot matrix programmable sign board?

THE MULTIPURPOSE MULTICOLOUR 7X80

BRAND NEW SINGLE LINE LED SCROLLING MESSAGE SIGNS AS SEEN IN:- RECEPTIONS,DOCTORS & DENTIST WAITING ROOMS, HOTELS, PUBS,SHOPS,TRADE COUNTERS,ect ect ect.......

THESE EYE CATCHING DISPLAYS WILL BOOST YOUR BUSINESS BY ATTRACTING, INFORMING AND ADVERTISING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, THIS MM 7X80 DISPLAY IS COLOURED IN GREEN, RED AND AMBER + MIXTURES & SHADES OF THE THREE COLOURS, THE SIGN IS 70 CM LONG EASY TO FIT AND EASY TO USE. SEE BELOW FOR FEATURES.

The LED moving message sign

Feature:

. Display all kinds of color

. Programming messages via a simple remote control OR PC RS232, RS485 (disc and cable from your pc or laptop)

. Store up to 36 messages

.Thirty six pre-defined graph for easy to recall

.Real time-clock display

.Twenty six graphic symbols such as phone, car, sunglasses, etc. for use in place of spelling out a word

· Create your own logos & graphics.

.Twenty-six methods of displaying your message (scroll up from bottom to top, opened from center, explode, etc.)

.Five display speeds

.Three different audible beep sounds can be added anywhere within the message

.Message can pause for up to nine seconds

.Multi-character fonts

.Automatically power on or turn off the display

.Display multiple message files in a defined sequence

.Display both the current date and time within your message

THE BOX INCLUDES- THE LED SIGN, REMOTE, SOFTWARE, DATA CABLE, POWER LEAD & BRACKETS.

currently one on fleabay for £46 :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-DOT-MATRIX-BUSINESS-SIGN-SCROLLING-MESSAGE-BOARD_W0QQitemZ190123230224QQihZ009QQcategoryZ25380QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can also get them for tshirts from cyberdog of london who will also sell you just the panel. i contemplated getting a sound reactive graphic equaliser thats 2mm thin and 2in high x 10in long to install into my sun visors

as they are remote units there would be no wiring if you wanted to battery power them or you can use and power dropper andrun them from the cars power

·
385 Posts
iplayonice said:
Yes I believe you're right!

Yes, my .:R is American spec, because I am an American stationed in Germany. Not a bad gig huh?
Support British AND American troops!!! I so want to get posted to Germany, just for the Autobahn!!!!! I'm going to Fort Leavenworth next week, do you know it at all??

G

·
Hello iplayonice!

Good to see that you made it over here! Was good chatting to you at inters. You're car is sweet........ I really want your dark headlining!!

Post up a few pics if you get chance!

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TOTGT said:
Support British AND American troops!!! I so want to get posted to Germany, just for the Autobahn!!!!! I'm going to Fort Leavenworth next week, do you know it at all??
Never been there myself, but I do know there's a big Military prison there in Kansas at the Army Post... I'm an AF guy myself...

And if anybody's interested - I live about 45 mins away from the Nurburgring , so let me know, and I can meet up with you guys. I leave Germany in October, but if you come visit before then, you got a place to stay!

But as I said earlier - I'll be here until August, so let me know if there are any more local events - I'd be glad to meet up with you all!

·
385 Posts
iplayonice said:
Never been there myself, but I do know there's a big Military prison there in Kansas at the Army Post... I'm an AF guy myself...

And if anybody's interested - I live about 45 mins away from the Nurburgring , so let me know, and I can meet up with you guys. I leave Germany in October, but if you come visit before then, you got a place to stay!

But as I said earlier - I'll be here until August, so let me know if there are any more local events - I'd be glad to meet up with you all!
You are welcome to come visit my cam anytime, can put you up somewhere and take you out for a few sherberts, there is even an americam army SSGT here on exchange. PM me if you would like more info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts