VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to fit some new front brake pads and have heard good reports of Red Stuff - will I have any issues with fitting them on OEM discs?
Will there be a significant difference over OEM pads?
Unfortunately I can only afford to do the pads at the moment, though will be looking at upgrading the discs in about 3 months time.

Also I have seen EBC have them for £110 at the moment - this looks like a good deal to me does anyone know of any better deals? http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/...&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=Golf&year=3.2+(2003-)#

Are Yellow stuff more track orientated?

Thanks for your help

·
86 Posts
ive had redstuf and to be honest they are a god pad but didnt last to long for me but my brakes do get a very very hard time, ive sinse moved to yellow stuff and they are imo just as good as redstuf but are lasting longer

ive been happy with both just yellow stuff is lasting longer

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Well I would also like advice as my brakes are just ok
(But VERY rubbish in the wet)......My TDI had better brakes than my R .............Any advice ?

Not sure if just upgrading the pads will help ?

·
1,222 Posts
pads and brake fluid. My Car gets serviced tomorrow and I am having Red Stuff and 5 dot Brake Fluid fitted to the car. this will increase the stopping power of your current setup.

Anything extra you will need to go bigger disc and more pots!.

I agree the MK4 R32 Brakes seem crap compared to others cars I have driven.

·
7,935 Posts
Shaun,

Please can you let me know tomorrow how you get on changing your pads and brake fluid.

Just want to know how the stopping power is,
Thanks mate.

·
1,838 Posts
|f you want some really good pads get the ferrodo DS 2500 or if you want something even better go for the DS3000 as for the fluid I would suggest the Motul rbf600.Have to be careful as some dot 5 fluid is not compatable with the brake lines.

·
7,935 Posts
andysR32 said:
|f you want some really good pads get the ferrodo DS 2500 or if you want something even better go for the DS3000 as for the fluid I would suggest the Motul rbf600.Have to be careful as some dot 5 fluid is not compatable with the brake lines.
Thanks Andy,

But my R is standard,

Just want to stop better (Will it work with the STANDARD disks?)

Just keep the standard brake fluid ?:unsure:

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the answers
So sorry to stress the point but will redstuff / yellowstuff pads be fine with standard discs?

Cheers

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Zirconium good to hear - now does any one know where the best deals are on them?

·
267 Posts
if your discs are worn , red stuff pads WILL warp them . Better of going for pagid orange as not as harsh as EBC .

·
387 Posts
my R had just clocked 42k on the std discs when i fitted ebc red stuff pads

3k later my discs are proper shagged (thus i'm pushing the drilled/grooved disc ugrade in the GB section) :eek:

goose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts