VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had a knocking noise from the front driver side of my 2008 mk5 r32, got the power steering rack changed and the noise went away for a bit but now it has started again, i am not sure if it could be something else that is causing the noise, help would be much appreciated, also i have BC Coilovers on the car so it is stiffer than usual which can cause the knocking aswell.

I have seen many people with the same issue on the forum some sort of advice would be a great help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my mates had a look at the top mounts and they said they looked fine also will need to contact BC themselves for the top mounts, but think i will give this a go.

thank you

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Double-check the Preload setting on the BC's and have a look at the ARB to make sure it's not knocking anywhere. Also check the Drop-Links are tightened and that the nut in the centre of the top of the damper is tight.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay will get those parts checked and make sure they are okay, or if they are needing changed, the noise mainly comes when driving on cobly or bumpy roads thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you accelerate then take your foot off the accelerator and you hear the knock, could be wishbone bushes or inner CV's which are your transmission side, as you let off they normally knock if they're gone. CV rubber boots don't always appear knackered, that doesn't always mean the joint itself isn't.

Knocking/clicking while turning, outer CV's.

Other than that, as said above, probably top mounts

Good luck, let us know what it narrows down to in the end!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts