VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after 2 dodgy attempted purchases from eBay... it turns out the first seller didnt actually have the item they had advertised & promptly refunded me my money. The second seller seemed more hopeful... I ordered the item & after it turned up, I discover it's the wrong item. It's only sutied to Golfs with a hub nut, not a hub bolt

Anyways, I'm not writing this as any form of complaint, just as an observation & to ask your good R32 forum members... where can I find this part, without going to the dealer, please?

I don't want some dodgy asian copy of this item, but require a true German made item.

I have checked ECP & the picture shown in the item description is also the wrong item, so am reluctant to speak to them about this part being the correct one for an Mk4 R32

I think I will call my local dealer to tomorrow, just out of interest to see how much the part is.

I'm also tempted to try & use google translate on German eBay...

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, called my local dealer today & was advised with discount the price would be £109 approx.

I then went to ECP, where I checked an item they had in stock & low & behold it wasnt the correct item for an R32 (suprise suprise).
I then gave ECP the VW part number & they managed to find that not one was available in the entire UK from their company, but that they have sold them before in the past. The last know price being approx £96.

Anyone else have any places I can get the correct part from?

Looking like it could well end up being German eBay.

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. The shaft of the hub has worn away due to a wheel bearing not being changed soon enough. Not during my ownership I might add.
The shaft has a slight lip half way down it, which when was all pressed back into a new wheel bearing & the steering knuckle has play in it.

Cheers,
Pete.

·
2,204 Posts
VW are crafty with those hubs because they permanently attach the ABS tone ring to it, and extremely close to the inner bearing race, making it very difficult to knock the race off without damaging the ABS ring. So if you do a wheel bearing job, include £108 x 2 into the budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.