VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to VW today who said that it had been painted at some point in its life, as it was very very slightly out of their guidelines (microns?) so they couldn't process it under warranty.

I just wondered if anyone has had it done by themselves, and how much it cost them? What exactly is involved - can it be repaired or do the whole wings have to be replaced?

The rust on mine is only just starting out, on the drivers side it is hardly noticeable at all and on the passenger side there's virtually nothing - I just wanted to (hopefully) get it done under warranty before it got any worse.

·
374 Posts
im taking my car soon and know they check the thickness of the paint on the wings. if they have been sprayed before they just refuse the corrosion warranty. i think you will have to pay for it yourself. 2 new wings sprayed and blown into the doors to match it up.

·
5,496 Posts
I was speaking to my friend yesterday about the same problem on his mk5. VW are dragging their heals on his case too, offering something like 50% towards the cost.

Apparently the wings cost like £50-
each new, and then you factor in painting and fitting, so I'm guessing anywhere like £6-800 once you're done? I might be totally out, but I'm guessing you'd have to paint the bonnet and doors (well blend in) too

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was pretty much a point blank no with no room for discussion or negotiation. Had 4x tyres, milltek exhaust, major service, MOT, insurance in the last month and tax this month so this is all I need lol

·
4,715 Posts
folos said:
It was pretty much a point blank no with no room for discussion or negotiation. Had 4x tyres, milltek exhaust, major service, MOT, insurance in the last month and tax this month so this is all I need lol
Yes if it's been painted before they don't have to do it but I told them I wanted an impartial paint Inspector to check it over.
They tried charging me for it but I kicked off and they paid.
He did an inspection said my car had had no paint and I got my boot repaired but they didn't do the wings as they said it could be from stone chips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts