VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Cool plate

Typically when people sell plates they stick them on retention with the transfer fee paid and then take a photograph of the certificate proving they own it and that it's ready to be re-assigned.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

·
19,389 Posts
Ahh but then Id have the two sets of fees :/
Why 2 sets of fees?

You pay £105 (£eighty assignment plus £25 retention) to put it on retention for a year and that's it. Buyer can put it on their car for no additional cost and your car car gets it's old number or a new one assigned to it.

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why 2 sets of fees?

You pay £105 (£eighty assignment plus £25 retention) to put it on retention for a year and that's it. Buyer can put it on their car for no additional cost and your car car gets it's old number or a new one assigned to it.
I thought you had too pay to put it on retention and then pay to stick it on the car. Only ever done it one way so wasnt sure.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think you have 12 months to re-assign the plate, after that you pay another fee to keep on retention for further 12 months. So its just 1 fee in the first 12 months.....

·
19,389 Posts
I thought you had too pay to put it on retention and then pay to stick it on the car. Only ever done it one way so wasnt sure.
No, when you put it on retention £105 fee includes the £eighty assignment fee so you don't need to pay again to put it on the car. It's £25 a year to keep in on retention.

When you put it on retention yoy get the choice of 1,2 or 3 years but I just go for the 1 year and then renew every year for £25

If for whatever reason you have a plate on retention and you forfeit your right to use the plate, you can get a refund of the £eighty assignment fee.

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, when you put it on retention £105 fee includes the £eighty assignment fee so you don't need to pay again to put it on the car. It's £25 a year to keep in on retention.

When you put it on retention yoy get the choice of 1,2 or 3 years but I just go for the 1 year and then renew every year for £25

If for whatever reason you have a plate on retention and you forfeit your right to use the plate, you can get a refund of the £eighty assignment fee.
I see. Thanks for the explanation

·
19,389 Posts
You're welcome and GLWS.

I'm always critical at what people value their plates at but I think yours is very fair and I would expect a quick sale.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts