VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just filled up my girlfriends GT TDI before take her to Heathrow tomorrow morning and the price of Diesel was 113.9 pence?!

Unleaded was 106.9 and Super 109.9.

Got me thinking why people aren't making more fuss? It wasn't many years ago that blockades were set up, people were up in arms about fuel prices and this country started to grind to a halt because prices were nearing £1.

Why isn't there more fuss being made of prices being this high - especially as the Government is taking 60% of the price at the pumps in tax!

Jeffers

·
Registered
267 Posts
It won't be long and this country's going to explode with how were took to the cleaners especially with the New road tax scandal would'nt it be quality if we payed the same as the americans do a gallon it was $3.26 when i was there last Nov thats £1.6o ish !!!!!

·
2,808 Posts
I remember when it was 82p, I dont even look at the price anymore, it makes me too upset.

·
1,184 Posts
Yeah so much for an increase in october, the cheeky w****rs have already started increasing costs, plus it is at least 70% tax. Wouldn't object to fuel so much if the road fund license was increasing only with inflation, and if it was fit for purpose, a 'road fund' not an Eastern European family benefit fund. Still at least the new breed of chav white trash benefit fraudsters can afford Sky dishes and enough booze to drink all day every day. RRRRRRR! Rant over

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
Rupo said:
I remember when it was 82p, I dont even look at the price anymore, it makes me too upset.
When I started driving it was 38.5 ppl :crying:

I agree with you, I don't look at the price so much anymore. If it cost £50 before and now it's £60, there's not much i'm going to be able to do about it.

I do know that the present government is not going to make it past the next elections - but what's the alternative? That gobsh*te Cameron with his eco-ways could be just as bad.

·
887 Posts
Enigma1992 said:
I do know that the present government is not going to make it past the next elections - but what's the alternative? That gobsh*te Cameron with his eco-ways could be just as bad.
The truth is that until this green agenda finally goes away, the motorists are in for always in for a pounding - both in the wallet and from all the eco-mentalists.

Brown or Cameron, it doesn't matter, not until we get a petrolhead for a PM will we see fairer prices.

Don't forget that if they reduce prices they need to find ways of replacing the lost revenues that they plough into their eastern european investment fund aka the next batch of cheap workers....:angry::angry::angry:

·
815 Posts
I wouldnt be so bad if i had a diesel car i only pay 73p a liter at work. Pitty the .:R wont drink that lol.

Oh well thats why i said if i was worried about fuel prices and consumption i woulda bought a Toyota Prius or sumthin lol, like at the minute i have a TDi 1.9 Golf as a courtesy car while my .:R is getting fixed at VW and the golf is utter pants doesnt feel slightly quick and its very boring to drive all i do like is the 45-50mpg and the brakes lol defo wouldnt sell my mk4 .:R for anything else.

Stu

·
3,137 Posts
just saw on the tv this morning. Venezuela which is the 5 largest producer of oil pays £2.50 for 100 liters at the pumps

·
716 Posts
i dont pay attention to the prices anymore either, cant be bothered, theres absolutley sod all we can do, just have to pull our trousers down and bend over!!..:angry::angry:.

All i do, is put in my £40 in a week, and its lasts me 7 days!!.. wont be long before that will turn into £50 i am sure!.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
If you need it you just have to fill up and pay the price,

When I worked in my parents garage years ago petrol was so cheap, (It was a jet garage and people came from miles around to get fuel)

Just wished that I got free fuel, (Now rented out to Total)

·
281 Posts
Country has gone to the dogs, glad to see someone with the nuts to post up full on what we all think. We work hard put in the time to get good things and the government pump us for more trying to claim they are taxing the rich, and going easy on the poor.....chavs.......and migrant workers who's families are not even here.

Forget the fact that we have generally all paid tax and NI since we were old enough to hold down a paper round and we can't even get a filling on the No Hope Service or see a doctor in under a week.......

Oh man I should really just steer clear of these threads, OZ here I come another one of the 100s of thousands that have already escaped this poo hole!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts