VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a supplier for the LED lights to carry out a full conversion on the interior lights and rear number plate.

I want to make it OEM if possible, and was thinking if the MK6 R lights can be used. I am also not sure if there will be any issues with carrying this out. Any help is much appreciated.

3,542 Posts
I have set yet to be fitted there is a guy on mkv GTi forum who sells the whole set !

1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any other issues to look out for. ie: battery drain or canbus issues?? I am not sure on the pros and cons of doing this.

Is the guy on mkV GTI forum using OEM items?

3,542 Posts
No there not !

It's after market stuff but with no dash errors !

· Registered
374 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the full interior/exterior conversion kits? i.e the mKV Gti bloke etc? not a member on there forum

I have set yet to be fitted there is a guy on mkv GTi forum who sells the whole set !

· Registered
374 Posts
I bought mine from hidsdirect,they are based in swinton,Manchester
No error codes
Number plate LEDs and all the interior bulbs including boot and footwells

Sounds ace mate
Thank you! Il google them tomo... Unless you have some contact details you could pm me?

Have you done ur side lights etc???

1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bringing up an old thread I started a while back, but having looked at many queries on carrying out an LED upgrade on the interior lights, can anyone help me with the part numbers for OEM golf LED bulbs? If not, does anyone know the strength of LED's used on a standard car. I just don't want the light output to be OTT from aftermarket suppliers.

· Registered
843 Posts
Bringing up an old thread I started a while back, but having looked at many queries on carrying out an LED upgrade on the interior lights, can anyone help me with the part numbers for OEM golf LED bulbs? If not, does anyone know the strength of LED's used on a standard car. I just don't want the light output to be OTT from aftermarket suppliers.
I'm pretty sure there is no OEM solution for the interior lighting or most of the exterior lighting in fact. As I understand it, the only OEM LED replacement you can buy is the rear numberplate lamps.

I'll have a dig around and find you links to what I used. None of them are over the top in terms of output and the colour is just right too, in my opinion. They're all canbus friendly and importantly, have some longevity testing under them too.

Paul

1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm pretty sure there is no OEM solution for the interior lighting or most of the exterior lighting in fact. As I understand it, the only OEM LED replacement you can buy is the rear numberplate lamps.

I'll have a dig around and find you links to what I used. None of them are over the top in terms of output and the colour is just right too, in my opinion. They're all canbus friendly and importantly, have some longevity testing under them too.

Paul
Thanks Paul - much appreciated.

741 Posts
ive just done this on mine, full boldsport kit. really pleased with them

· Registered
57 Posts
I used this seller from ebay for mine and had no problems at all.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649
Just got this kit , was fitting the bulbs then all of a sudden both visor bulbs , interior light bulbs and glovebox one stopped working .. Tired old ones still no luck is there a fuse for these might of went . Any help will be great

Thanks Gary

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Just got this kit , was fitting the bulbs then all of a sudden both visor bulbs , interior light bulbs and glovebox one stopped working .. Tired old ones still no luck is there a fuse for these might of went . Any help will be great

Thanks Gary
It's the brown 7.5amp fuse located in the fuse box in the end of dashboard side trim on the drivers side.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=golf+mk5+r32+interior+light+fuse&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1&biw=360&bih=485&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Images&sa=X&ei=64XKVPmWBM6Q7AbXhYCwCA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoATgK&dpr=2#imgrc=sm0UaRxsWTviUM%253A%3BKYQm32VNhoPtlM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi1135.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Fm625%252Fusualsuspect1%252Fa1af5a3f.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mk5golfgti.co.uk%252Fforum%252Findex.php%253Ftopic%253D51545.0%3B764%3B1024

Handy tip is to pull that out each time you fit the new bulbs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.