VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow dub'ers!

I saw your website in the recent Performance VW mag and I thought I'd drop by and say hi!

Whilst not "strictly" an R32, my motor was the unofficial test bed for the R32 under pinning's. I've got a VW New Beetle RSi (number 78 of 250).

Under the skirt she's got the same setup as the R32 - 3.2 24 Valve V6, Haldex 4 wheel drive, 6 speed box.

Here's a couple of pic's for your viewing pleasure:

(Those more astute would notice that I've got a new number plate!)

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I crash your party! I've been a member of the VWVortex community for a while and I've found it a really helpful way to get more information!

·
1,084 Posts
Hello Bug,
:hello:
Sweet motor.

Get some more pics up, the interior looks nice. I don't know much about the RSi's.

Is everything standard?

J.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, she's totally factory (apart from the GIAC remap). Looks wise that's how it's going to stay, but I have long term plans for the engine and running gear. VW used some choice names in tuning the car from the factory, Remus exhaust, Recaro carbon fibre bucket seats and OZ Superturismo alloys.

The RSi's were hand built in Wolfsburg between 2001 and 2003, only 250 were ever manufactured. Of those, 3 were painted in blue and the remaining were silver. At last count I believe 5 are here in the UK, however I've never been fortunate enough to see one in the flesh here!

I bought the car on a bit of a whim. I've had 2 other New Beetles before her (and a fair few air cooled bugs before that), I decided that I'd have to get myself one. The only problem was that they aren't readily available here in the UK, so I had to travel across to Germany.

Long story short, I'm a very happy bunny!

The RSi's rated as having 225 ponies under the bonnet, which is somewhat lower than the R32's admirable number. I'll be interested to find out how I can eek out some more power. I think the exhaust manifold is different how can I go about finding if it's different?

Anyway, you asked for me pics!

·
305 Posts
well nice motor mate! its got to be a good future investment too,

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Big fan of the RSI , but thats the first pics of inside i've ever seen.

Seen two in the flesh before but never had chance to peer into them.

Didnt realise they look so "racecar" inside, looks ace imho

·
748 Posts
Real nice motor there mate!

·
17 Posts
Nice condition, unlike mine!

Use mine to race in vw cup with a vr6 engine but have just put the R32 engine in this week

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rat look Beetle Cup car? I WANT ONE!

I've wanted to go to a CUP series race for ages, but I haven't got round to it yet!

I think a photo call of a Beetle cup car and an RSi may be in order? **grin**

R32 engine? I thought that the Cup car's have the 2.8 L engine? Will it still be legal to run in the VW Cup?

·
17 Posts
blim_bug said:
Rat look Beetle Cup car? I WANT ONE!

I've wanted to go to a CUP series race for ages, but I haven't got round to it yet!

I think a photo call of a Beetle cup car and an RSi may be in order? **grin**

R32 engine? I thought that the Cup car's have the 2.8 L engine? Will it still be legal to run in the VW Cup?
The club seem to like me and are letting it in.

Just got to sort out the miles of loom then she should run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, she's pretty! :)

Hat's off to you my friend, that looks like a hell of a lot of hard work!

When do you think you'll be racing again? I think I might come along to break my Cup car virginity!

·
17 Posts
blim_bug said:
Wow, she's pretty! :)

Hat's off to you my friend, that looks like a hell of a lot of hard work!

When do you think you'll be racing again? I think I might come along to break my Cup car virginity!
Hopefully get her running by next week. Ohlins suspension has been built. The guys from ohlins turned it round in 4 days for me as i need to get the car back on its wheels asap. So its just wiring left and a bit of tuning!

·
1,432 Posts
Both those Beetles looks INCREDIBLE, you guys are very fortunate

·
3,732 Posts
hello and welcome to the site :D:ciao:

LOVE the bug, only reason i dont have one myself is the lhd would be a nightmare on a daily basis round here :(

·
616 Posts
JimboR32 said:
where they all lhd?
I believe so..... BBT's have converted a few so they can be converted fairly easily.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts