VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone after getting a very slight knocking noise from the front nearside of the car when braking (a single clunk) I decided to let my mechanic take a look . he said he checked everything, and told me that the front differential had gone. this meant a complete gearbox rebuild. is there anybody out there that has experienced the same knocking noise?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
hi everyone after getting a very slight knocking noise from the front nearside of the car when braking (a single clunk) I decided to let my mechanic take a look . he said he checked everything, and told me that the front differential had gone. this meant a complete gearbox rebuild. is there anybody out there that has experienced the same knocking noise?
With potential big issues like this i would always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion before splashing the cash

·
993 Posts
Just had mine gearbox done. They have drilled out old diff. pins and pressed in new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts