VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think, going for a new look this winter, it's the can't be @rsed cleaning my car look.

Just got back from Aberdeen last night, 400 mile round trip adn to say the roads were manky is an understatement. Need to get my winter woolies on and wash her. It is bloody cold though.

Was down at the Aberdeen v Copenhagen game. What a humping we gave them. It is probably the best I have ever seen Aberdeen play. Bring on Bayern!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
:D I like it.

BTW, are those wheels gold/bronze, or is it a combination of the dirt and my crap laptop screen?!

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mattchaps said:
:D I like it.

BTW, are those wheels gold/bronze, or is it a combination of the dirt and my crap laptop screen?!
lol, it's just the dirt

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Well my car looked like Dubzters yesterday, But had a good wash (But some bird shat on it when I finished washing it or knew I had just washed it ............Aim fire,Bet it saw its own reflection)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my car at the moment is horrid i cant see the rear numberplate! will get a pic tomorrow before i clean it

·
7,935 Posts
Well Gazjones,
Mine was like that before I washed it ,(Did not want to drive it today and get it dirty,Sad I know,lol.)
Will drive my R tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i had a clean car and did a 80 mile trip on thursday and back and front of car are fully brown! and used 4lts of screen wash in a day! and it wasnt even raining really dont like uk roads in the winter they are so dirty

·
7,935 Posts
gazjones said:
i had a clean car and did a 80 mile trip on thursday and back and front of car are fully brown! and used 4lts of screen wash in a day! and it wasnt even raining really dont like uk roads in the winter they are so dirty
Yep ,Thats what my car was like (Just think in winter we need a bigger screen wash tank just the same size as the fuel tank, lol) And no snow/slush yet.

My sister lives in Suffolk on a farm and its good long 1.5 mile trip down a single road dirt track to get there, Gutted when you have a clean car though ,her VW passat is brown/black/dusty, But one day it will be clean.
(Odd not having a handbrake on her car)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
5.5 lts is a big washer bottle but i find headlight washers dont really do much lol and use way to much screen wash so i end up just flicking wash on so headlights dont get done

·
7,935 Posts
gazjones said:
5.5 lts is a big washer bottle but i find headlight washers dont really do much lol and use way to much screen wash so i end up just flicking wash on so headlights dont get done
Think thats where Im going wrong as I drive with my headlights on all the time,Just want to be safe and seen as I drive "on the road of death A1307".

Another death last Saturday and the road will be changed from 60 to 50 MPH.(But people will still overtake).
You have to watch out for other drivers though.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i still have lights on but if you only tap the wash the headlight ones dont work its if you hold for bout 2 seconds they spray plus if ive cleaned the car i dont want screen wash all over the bonnet!

·
7,935 Posts
As I have washed the car I will give that a try when I next need to.(To stop washer spray flying over the bonet from the lights)

Happy Christmas young man.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you too. is one of many things ive figured out on long jurneys!

·
7,935 Posts
Im going to fit my Delock kit tomorrow and L/R vented grills,Weather permitting,lol.

Hope you upload photos tomorrow,Just want to see how dirty it is and you have to do photos once washed.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
grills will take 5 mins and delock kit about 10 mins then you will wish you had more bits to do! i enjoyed changing my side light bulb as it felt like moding it. will get before and after pics and the ground round the after all the dirt is on the floor

1 - 20 of 23 Posts