VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
posted a thread bout getting my wing dented the other day...

Decided to get a new wing from www.everycarpart.co.uk - sprayed an del for under £100 (about what a body shop would charge to bang out th dent... and then would need re-painting anyay)

just to clarify, is the wing on a R32 the same as a standard mk4 golf....
theres a kind of "ridge" shape on the door that lines up with the wing.. theres no "normal" golf around me to check if its the same?

·
748 Posts
My mate has a 1.8T and fitted an R32 bumper to it and everything lines up ok so I can only assume its the same.

Also looking on etka the parts catalouge there is only two part numbers for wings.

right: 1J0 821 021
left: 1J0 821 022

This would suggest then that the wings are standard on everything from a 1.4-R32. The only thing that seems different is the wheel arch liner but your not replacing that

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Yep it's all the same.

From a 1.6 to a 3.2

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks guys.
any word on everycarpart?

i've heard some bad things.... mainly regards to delivery time... but i'm not too fussed about that though...
im worried about paint matching, but i guess if its really that wrong, i cld get it sprayed (again) by another body shop??

·
3,732 Posts
cant say as ive heard of them to be honest. paint matching shouldnt be an issue as long as you take it somewhere reputable, maybe see whos VAG approved in your area so theyre used to the lines of the golf, also they may blow in over the bonnet and door to combat this too

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the thing.... its all remote- u send ur car reg number, n they spray the part and dispatch it to u.
it has a garunteed paint match though...

·
3,732 Posts
i wouldnt waste the money on the presprayed panel then as its a pearl paint and wont match as a bolt on, its going to need blending with the surrounding panels so spend the extra money in that direction :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any idea how much i'd be looking at for spraying? i've never had to do this... even a bllpark figure would help before i ring up bodyshops

·
3,732 Posts
assuming theres minimal prep needed the spray work should be around the £125 mark, although if you strip the doors down and build them up yourself you might save some cash there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts