VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. MK4 Golf R32 front wings are the same as a standard MK4 Golf yes?

·
Absolute F'ing Legend & MIQ's Loyal Fa
937 Posts
I've wondered this for ages. They look like they stick out more than standard but could be and optical illusion due to the bumper?

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
I am read somewhere they at a couple of mm wider

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Sausage Fingers
3,705 Posts
Exactly the same as base models. I enquired at VW last week as mine are knackered. £110 each but know they will fit first time

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan i was pretty sure they where but wanted to make sure.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am about to order some +25mm wide wings but just wanted to make sure that all MK4 wings where the same as the wings are advertised as just a MK4 Golf fitment.

·
575 Posts
Are you looking at the fibreglass wider ones from abroad? Or have you found some steel ones??

·
575 Posts
Good to see a review on the quality as Ive been looking at those, thanks for the link. Ill see how the standards roll first, but definately look like an option!

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about rolling them but it will cost me £100 to buy a roller then i cannot see how your gain 25mm on normal wings. If i wanted to just roll the metal inner lip i wouldn`t bother but your basically gaining 35mm with these wings as they have no inner lip plus they are molded with a inner liner.

·
1,332 Posts
As there wider do they come with bumper extension as surely they won't match up to the bumper line

You could get yours rolled and flared that would get you some extra

Guessing you want wider wheels

·
22 Posts
Anyone seen the mk4 items in the flesh? Or a UK stockist? I'm ready to order front wings for my track R32T.

Thanks in advance, Guy

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered a pair of front wings which arrived to me here in the UK in about 3-4 days from ordering. They where well wrapped and in a huge box. The wings looked well made with a good finish to me but then i am no fiber glass wing expert. My car is off getting the wings fitted at the moment along with some other work.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Lucifer said:
I ordered a pair of front wings which arrived to me here in the UK in about 3-4 days from ordering. They where well wrapped and in a huge box. The wings looked well made with a good finish to me but then i am no fiber glass wing expert. My car is off getting the wings fitted at the moment along with some other work.
What else :-D

·
575 Posts
Lucifer, how thick is the arch around the edge? Im hoping its not like standard where they need rolling? (Or obviously just cutting with fibreglass)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts