VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2,639 Posts
Haha that must be so loud!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
tryin to find one cant find anything on it e.g set ups how to wire up etc, dunno where to begin, but could you imagine pulling up to a meet with that, TOOT TOOTTTT im here lol
Maybe a compressor just for horns is a bit crazy? Dukes of hazard?

·
19,388 Posts
Maybe a compressor just for horns is a bit crazy? Dukes of hazard?
You can use a tank of compressed air. My Uncle used to have a Land Rover and he had a pair of very loud truck horns on the roof fed off a compressed air tank.

·
Registered
287 Posts
m3stig said:
but I want to try n fit a train horn to the .:R what would you choose

I used to have a Model T Ford horn on my Mk2 golf......they sound awesome and get loadsa laughs not much use if ur angry!!....it's no train horn tho

VAG4life

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can use a tank of compressed air. My Uncle used to have a Land Rover and he had a pair of very loud truck horns on the roof fed off a compressed air tank.
how do you go about wiring up the compressed tank to regenerate ?

·
2,803 Posts
Exactly the kind of upgrade I've been wanting for years!

·
1,243 Posts
they have wiring diagrams on thier site iirc Ive had it bookmarked as I always wanted one on the M3 as the indicators didn't work

·
19,388 Posts
how do you go about wiring up the compressed tank to regenerate ?
My Uncle was a mechanic in a fizzy drinks compamy so he just used to fill the air bottle when it ran out. I think it was actually Carbon Dioxide but it was a long time ago.

He mounted the horns on the roof of the cab on the driver's side and the air valve was part of the horn that protruded inside the cabin. It was just a case of the tank being located behind the seat and an air pipe ran up to the horn.

He tried electric horns but they were no where near as loud as these.

·
1,230 Posts
get a CO2 cylinder, the type they use for pumping beer and strap it into the boot. then get a length of compressor pipe run from the bottle through into the cab. you can get a simple push valve, its T shaped with a button that opens the valve. CO2 in one side and out the other. the hard part would be finding some where to fit the horns.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
get a CO2 cylinder, the type they use for pumping beer and strap it into the boot. then get a length of compressor pipe run from the bottle through into the cab. you can get a simple push valve, its T shaped with a button that opens the valve. CO2 in one side and out the other. the hard part would be finding some where to fit the horns.
easy place to fit them mate, could put them in the front bumper behind a vent or under the rear around the exhaust somewhere,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts