VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
im currently a 1.8T owner from mkivs.net and how i envy you R owners:D
joined up here because i love all and everything vw and the r32 it top of my list and im just wanting to learn as much about them as i can really
thanks
ian

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
Hey Ian, this site is great for learning about the R. and is like car prono!..:)

If you learn how to afford one then let me know, as i have had mine 2 weeks now, and its costing me £50 a week in petrol so far!!.. :):D

Whats your details of the car?.. spec colour etc etc.. got any pics?

cheers

Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only had it for about 6 month but love it to bits and like everyone have got lots of plans for it lol
at the moment:

black 3dr 150bhp
eibach coilovers
18" bbs rs2
whiteline arb
and the must have swissvax treatment:wink:

got a anni kit on its way and saving for a JBS04 turbo conversion
ian

·
1,084 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Lovely rims, and great wax! Looking very healthy.

(must.... resist.... cleaning.... mine....... again!)

·
286 Posts
Welcome to R32OC.

I also was a 1.8t owner (Black 3dr too - best choice!:D) You have a lovely example there and wow! what a shine!

Hopefully hanging round here will entice you further into getting a .:R - it did me and I haven't looked back since :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your coments!
im only 21 and insurance on a R would just kill me, would need to take out a morgage i think lol!
i really do like them and you cant beat that v6 growl:D
ian

·
5,616 Posts
Hi Ian, welcome to the forum.

After being a member on here for a while I'm sure you are going to find your need and love for an R32 will become stronger and the inevitable will happen... you will buy one!

·
91 Posts
evil genius said:
thanks for all your coments!
im only 21 and insurance on a R would just kill me, would need to take out a morgage i think lol!
i really do like them and you cant beat that v6 growl:D
ian
Pick up my R next week i'm 21 and insurance is only 650 a yr in my own name
:D

·
716 Posts
Looks nice. I love Golf's in Black!. (hmm did i buy the wrong colour..lol :blushed:)

Did you clean that or had it detailed?.. looks great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Burrell48:
£650 :eek:
you dont know how lucky you are owing one at your age! thts some job you must have :D

Kraft:
me and a friend from detailing world spent 8hours machine polishing it about 8 weeks ago which completely change the look of the paint! when i first got if i didn't think it was that back but once the merzerna started to work its magic i was able to really see how bad it was and it was:angry:
i would also highly recommend swissvax, yes it can be a bit on the pricey side but worth every penny:wink:
ian

·
385 Posts
I had 1.8T too 3 dr in anthracite grey, wnted same colour for R but so rare!!

Ian how much did you charge for that job? V impresive!!

·
1,184 Posts
Looks lovely mate, sold a 18T for my Mrs and she wishes she hadn't now! Nice Rims and detailing...you can practise that Swissvax on my car if you like...it could be like some free training (I'll even make you a cuppa ;) !!) Welcome to the site! Resiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist the .:R temptation if you can!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not a valeter myself just a bit of a hobby of mine, it gets very addictive lol and exspensive.
TOTGT i think you woulb be charged a couple of hundred for a full machine polish!

thanks for all the great coment people!

here is the full thread for anyone intrested taken from uk-mkivs.net
even the reat lights were machined to great effect!!

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/1072752.aspx

ian

·
Registered
267 Posts
evil genius said:
Burrell48:
£650 :eek:
you dont know how lucky you are owing one at your age! thts some job you must have :D

Kraft:
me and a friend from detailing world spent 8hours machine polishing it about 8 weeks ago which completely change the look of the paint! when i first got if i didn't think it was that back but once the merzerna started to work its magic i was able to really see how bad it was and it was:angry:
i would also highly recommend swissvax, yes it can be a bit on the pricey side but worth every penny:wink:
ian
Welcome to the forum.

There a quite a few young R32 owners on here, lucky chaps, there is a thread on the topic.

That black looks absolutely fantastic, I'm in competition with a DBP in this house, and he's got more time and energy.

I'm going to have a look at your link as we are both considering a machine polish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts