VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
As an avid music lover, and more into it than i've ever been, i now feel i'm lacking in the most important aspect......

Good quality headphones!!..

However, although i'm not an audiophile as such, i'm quite happy to buy a set or two that won't break the bank..

Currently i own an in-ear pair of Sennheiser CX300 2's, which i find really rather good as far as in-ears go, and a pair of Denon AH-D1100 closed backs, which i bought at reduced cost, but now they niggle me as the plastic creaks whenever i move my head.. Something i simply can't forgive, especially when the tune quietens down, but as i bought them online, i didn't realise this.. So now i'm looking to sell the Denon's and get something new, and could do with a good quality pair.. Nothing bank breaking (as i have an R32 to save up for!)
And a good friend of mine who loves his music just as much recommended some AKG's, i think they were 450's, but although cheap, they're supposed to be fantastic, however, seeing as the Denon's were cheap, i'm dubious about buying another cheap pair, hence the increased budget..

So what do you all have and what would you recommend??

·
3,242 Posts
I have drdre Beats one
The one below studio headphones,
Only problem i have is the bluetooth/cordless verison was not out when my gf bought them for me.
Really good in-deepth in the sound.
And i listen to Rap so as speaker are suited for it.
Sound leakage is a wee downside, but everything else i give the thumbs up for.

Regards
Vrt

·
2,303 Posts
I too have dr dre beats in red sound good but I think there is better ones out there for less money

Best thing to do is take your iPod to HMV (if you have one that's still open), they have all the headphones there ready to plug your iPod into and listen, try to use the same song on each set from the beginning each time and then you'll get to hear how you like the sound as everyone likes different music effects, personally I love a lot of treble and mid range rather than bass

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Bose QC15 acoustic headphones with noise reduction are also worth a shout. There expensive but well worth the money.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I had some JL ones can't remember the name they were about 50 quid

But the best earphones ever are the IPhone 5 ones sounds like you are actually there at the concert etc....

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
69 Posts
I will admit i dont have a clue about headphones apart from when i go to my gym... unless they are Dre Beats, dont bother wearing them!! (everyone seems to wear them at the gym)

anyway, seen a couple of offers on hotukdeals that might be of interest:

http://www.hotukdeal...lightly-1522456
http://www.hotukdeal...-amazon-1522552

like i say, im not an expert but just a couple of deals ive seen this morning!

Hope this helps

Rich

·
3,242 Posts
So what your budget for headphones then?

Most headphones are above £150 to £300 pending on what ones you go for.
Beats which are created by monster, are dear cause of the artist who has tweaked them.
Sms Audio Street by 50 Cent are dear aswell not heard any reviews on them tho, but you have like jbl, sony and all the other electronic making companys that have been well established.
Just try them out, in store.
That what i did before i got mine.

Regards
Vrt

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
m3stig said:
Save the money and get an r32 instead lol
Hahahahahahaha

High 5

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
2,803 Posts
I will admit i dont have a clue about headphones apart from when i go to my gym... unless they are Dre Beats, dont bother wearing them!! (everyone seems to wear them at the gym)
x2 - they seem to be more of a fashion accessory - "look at me, I'm wearing fancy headphones!" plus, some of the experts have criticized them for only focusing on making bass sound good, not the entire sound range, as well as it being shameless branding & consumerism.

·
3,242 Posts
Oliver73 said:
x2 - they seem to be more of a fashion accessory - "look at me, I'm wearing fancy headphones!" plus, some of the experts have criticized them for only focusing on making bass sound good, not the entire sound range, as well as it being shameless branding & consumerism.
x3 Agree wif the fashion statement,
I dnt see the point if paying over £200 or near £300 pending what spec you get then wearing them going to the gym with them..
I use mine when travelling alone & when there gd weather. I dnt see the point of paying near £300 getting them cover in sweat or donald ducked in weather just to hey look at me i can wear headphones.

The sound on them is pitch clear tho,
mind you if you have them up full all the time, you blow them.
I would check online review and stuff if your wanting a ideal of they are like.

Regards
Vrt

·
4,420 Posts
If you want overhead get bose, if you want in ear get shure, case closed

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's would be my vote without a doubt. I own a pair and they are excellent. Nice and comfy, exceptional audio quality, don't require a headphone amplifier, are completely user repairable and they get great reviews all over the net.

I also work in a hearing research unit and we use these for majority of our tests that don't need something very high end like the Sennheiser HDA 200's for use with an audiometer. Ours get a lot of use from us and participants in their own homes and we haven't had a single set break yet in the last 4 years (maybe 50 sets of them in total). They are remarkably durable! The HD 25-1 II's are essentially one of the industry standards in hearing research as far as I'm concerned

·
19,408 Posts
Have a look at these guys.

http://www.rha-audio.com/uk/

Met the guys who run the company and have been impressed by both them and their product.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts