VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays been one of the saddest days,

After finding out my Staffie Josh had a tumour of the liver on Wednesday. He went for a scan and surgery today.
Unfortunatly he had a massive liver tumour and secondaries so i made the decision he wasnt to be brought round as his quality of life had already started to suffer.

Rest in peace little man, i'll miss our car journeys to the beach and those big old ears of yours. You'll always have a special place in my heart, From the first day i held you as a pup till the last walk this morning 10 years on, you were truly mans best friend.

I must go as i'm in floods. :eek:

·
236 Posts
Sorry to hear the news.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I feel for you. Been there many times before. It's bringing a lump to my throat thinking of my girlies.

They are not wrong when they say a dog is a man's BEST friend.

Now is not the time, but I'll just mention that there is a website that you can post a memorial to your pets.

Take care.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Feel for you Steve, we have had the same thing with both our cats in the last three years (one this autumn) so I know exactly how you feel. I know you will cherish the many happy memories for years to come.

·
1,184 Posts
Condolences mate, I sat with the mrs labrador in the autumn as he was put to sleep, wasn't even my boy but loved him all the same and I cried my eyes out. Thinking of you mate

·
5,616 Posts
Sorry to hear that Steve, had a feeling something was up when I saw your Facebook status.

You did the right thing which meant that he had a great life and didn't have to go through any suffering had the tumours been left.

You will cherrish the memories of him forever. He certainly was a hansom looking beast :D

·
133 Posts
Hi mate i have had to make this decision twice and i can honestly say its probably the hardest thing i have had to do,only people who have been through this really understand might sound dramatic but its true chin up , Bill

·
3,732 Posts
so sorry to hear that mate :(

lost a few pets in my time but threw all my dignity out the window last year when we had to make the same decision with our eldest cat 'shabba' he's been with us for years, through house moves, house fires, where we were he was, a true member of the family.

chin up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( I have a 11yr old staffie make me sad every time i think about losing him it will brake my heart. rip little man.

·
575 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss Steve,its a shame when loved pets have to be put to sleep.
Its for the best chap.

·
385 Posts
Sorry steve. Hope time helps you come through.

·
3,137 Posts
sorry to hear this mate. It is a horrible thing to have to do but you did the right thing although that's no help right now I know. Just treasure the memories!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
so sorry to hear that steve i can only imagine the fun and great times you had as you say driving to the beach and spending time with him. thoughts are with you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts