VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, after many many years...
finally i have.....well more like 'we' have

the wife and i have finally picked the car we want.
we both was madly wanted a A5 S-LINE diesel..couldn't find the right one with the right millage and price.
then we decided to just think of buying a BMW 520d M sport very cheap and high millage...
(a car just to last us for about 5years)

then randomly today we got a BMW 320d M Sport.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201305026564269/sort/default/usedcars/colour/white/body-type/coupe/transmission/manual/price-to/14000/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles/price-from/13000/model/3_series/make/bmw/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/60/postcode/e65jw/page/1?logcode=p

happy with the car, would love a petrol car and bigger engine....but realistically we need a diesel car.
after looking around the 500cars, and trying to show my wife the difference between a standard and a M Sport.

finally we found this... happy with it and all

just really sad its time for me to say goodbye to my VW mk4 golf 2.0

sure not the best car to own but....it was my beloved car thats been in the family for 13years

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Best of luck with the new car

·
19,403 Posts
Good luck with new car and welcome to the dark side.

·
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only mod im going to do is...
re-spray the calipers red...
and have black grill...

also remove 320d badge

·
Registered
287 Posts
Run the car on non run flat tyres and raise the tyre pressures a bit above BMW spec mate, reduce the risk of cracking rims....we replace them way too often!

VAG4life

·
2,018 Posts
Run the car on non run flat tyres and raise the tyre pressures a bit above BMW spec mate, reduce the risk of cracking rims....we replace them way too often!

VAG4life
now thats one thing i have not come across...
never really thought about low pros. didnt realize the risk of cracking...

car will be ready on tuesday. to bad i cant collect it till Saturday, have to wait for the wify day off since its in her name...

lol last night couldn't sleep.
now just hoping to get a buyer for my golf so i can then after transfer the insurance.

·
19,403 Posts

·
2,665 Posts
Haha! Nice car though...

my mates got a similar looking 335 M Sport. Looks classy.

·
201 Posts
A few mates at work have these and they are quick and very economical with it so good call if thats what you were after.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quattro Bajeena said:
now thats one thing i have not come across...
never really thought about low pros. didnt realize the risk of cracking...

car will be ready on tuesday. to bad i cant collect it till Saturday, have to wait for the wify day off since its in her name...

lol last night couldn't sleep.
now just hoping to get a buyer for my golf so i can then after transfer the insurance.
Trust me mate, if there runflats on it check you pressures weekly and make sure they are slightly overinflated it minimises the risk of cracks also tyres have a nasty habit of wearing on inner and outer edges...pressures I this case are key!!
Just a friendly heads up as these tyres can be fecking expensive!

VAG4life

·
2,018 Posts
Trust me mate, if there runflats on it check you pressures weekly and make sure they are slightly overinflated it minimises the risk of cracks also tyres have a nasty habit of wearing on inner and outer edges...pressures I this case are key!!
Just a friendly heads up as these tyres can be fecking expensive!

VAG4life
i think they are:
rear size of 255/30Y19
and front size of 225/35Y19
all around Bridgestone...
i think one tyre is going. saw it on the mot paper.
yep £300 for each

i dont fancy getting run flats.
whats the best size i should get?
225/40/19? all around.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
I have had runflats for nearly 2 years, no problems at all. Had one puncture that was easily repaired too although some places wont do it.

As and when I need new tyres I will stick with them, some have had problems with cracking wheels but not convinced thats much to do with the run-flats and more to do with a dodgy batch of wheels. BMW have replaced them for some owners. The tyre pressure monitor will tell you in the pressure is down. On the BMW owners forums there has been huge amounts of discussion about this issue, some have swapped some have not. Those that have changed have done it mainly to soften the ride, but I prefer it as it is. I would wait and see how you like it.

Paul

·
Registered
287 Posts
Use the same sizes mate. It's up to you wat you run man, personal preference and general preference is non runflats feel nicer and are more forgiving. Good luck with the new motor!

VAG4life

1 - 17 of 17 Posts