VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the link...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/UNFAIR-VED/

This is what its about..

Announced in the budget on 12/3/08 were increases in Vehicle Excise Duty (road tax). These announcements made scant reference to the fact that they were RETROSPECTIVE and affect all cars dating back to 2001.

Owning an older car and keeping it running is FAR more environmentally friendly than scrapping it and manufacturing a new one, no matter how much more efficient then new car is. The manufacturing process creates huge amounts of CO2.

Owners of older cars do not have choice - potential purchasers of new cars do.

This will seriously damage the second hand car market and the leisure industry.

Cancel the retrospective taxation NOW.

Sign up and tell your mates/family to do so. At least its doing something rather than us all being pissed off about it and doing nothing. It might make a difference, who knows

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Just done it,

Well its only about £200 more in car tax in the future but as you say when you buy a new car you have the choice,

Soon spend £200 and waste it , Just wished all this extra money on car tax will go towards making the roads better and i'm sure people wont care paying more money if we did not have potholes and bad roads.

The roads where I live are really bad but just keep getting patched up (Should be replaced)

·
748 Posts
Just signed up :)

·
3,137 Posts
is this not a repost? The petition has a sign up date of the 12th march

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Yeh i think it's a repost, i'm pretty certain i've already signed it :)

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry if its a repost guys, not seen the other thread, thought its important tho! maybe it could become a sticky thread so we can get as many people as possible to see it and sign it. You dont even have to be a member on here!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
psg001 said:
sorry if its a repost guys, not seen the other thread, thought its important tho! maybe it could become a sticky thread so we can get as many people as possible to see it and sign it. You dont even have to be a member on here!
Good idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts