VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a rather worrying 'grinding' noise coming from the front when the car is moving slowly, around 5-10mph, like when trying to park etc and only when I turn right. It sounds like its coming from the steering rack as you can hear/feel it even with the slightest angle. Its only started fairly recently (last 500-1000miles perhaps)

Could this be the top mounts grinding/wearing out, or the wheel bearings? or does it sound like something more drastic? Of course when I can it will go to the garage but have other people suffered this at all?

Its a mark 4, lowered 25mm all round, but that was done 9k ago and its only just started fairly recently so i doubt its any rubbing of driveshafts on anti-roll bar etc but I do have H&R ARB's waiting to get fitted when I have time.

thanks for your help.

·
257 Posts
hmmm, I'm currently gettin this on my pug, no idea what it is, cos I'm not mechanic, but I was thinking bearings as well. Is it much louder when you cruise along? Mine does it when I'm not accelerating or breaking. Then when I cruise round corners its quiter but more squeky.

Its goin to the garage soon, if they find out what it is I'll let you know, could be a similar problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts