VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wayne said:
No need for 5 threads teacher. deleted all except this one.
lol, really sorry guys, didnt know where to put it, but thanx for sortin it out! Would be interestin to see how many people are up for it as they had/have loads of group-buys on cams/manifold for the VR6, and even guys with R32s says its bin a great mod.

G

·
Labour costs are high too - as its not an easy or quick thing to do. Fitting will probably cost about the same if not more than the cams themselves. Just something to bear in mind.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure, probably G-Werks as they have done VR6 group-buys number of times, or Stealth or anyone that is willing to do group-buys? or is there anyone else you can recommend? all depends on how many are interested also, obviously more interested/cams bought the cheaper the price, i bin told thr RRP is around £850'ish on the cams alone, but anyone thats had em says they defo make a difference.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
out of curioustiy are the Audi TT (mk1 & 2) the same blocks as the mk4 & mk5 R32 blocks? if they are would be good if TT owners be interested to as numbers can go up

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
khutula said:
I paid £705 for my Schrick cams from APS.
good price, will have to enquire with APS. im assuming prices may vary with mk4 and mk5. i was told by G-Werks the mk5 cams for my car were around £850ish, and also there are 3 different 264/268 cams for the mk5.

G

·
They are two different sets of cams for the MKV - VW changed them slightly with later MKVs. Yes mine are for a MKIV - I would get the prices will vary with the different models.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i should be getting prices for the cams soon and will put em up, i spoke to G-Werks just waiting for feedback off em, from what they said the discount kicks in after 5, 10, 15, 20 sets are ordered.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gti Fly said:
Wonder what sort of price APS would charge for supplied and fitting?
i spoke to em eariler, they could'nt give me any price until they got definate number of buyers.
the cost of cams on the mk5 are a little more then the mk4, didnt get an exact price on the mk5 but to supply and fit just the one car it would be £1400 give or take a little (not sure if that includes a remap or not, will find out)
just waitin to get prices off G-Werks as they have done group-buys in the past.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi guys sorry for the delay but got prices.

the mk4 R32 cams are £705 inc vat.
the mk5 R32 cams are £888 inc vat.

they said 10% on 5 sets (£634 mk, £800 mk5), 15% on 10 sets (£600 mk4, £755 mk5), if they got 15-20 sets would be 20% (£564 mk4, £710 mk5) any more then 20 sets they would have to discuss with the supplier/schrick how much more discount they can give, these prices are inc vat delivered to your door. the number of sets can be made up of mk4 and mk5 cams.

let me know what you think.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts