VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
276 Posts
lol, i read this in the mag.

If they want a tinny 4 pot and a 3 seond wait for power fine, :D

I bought the R as for a similar spec golf the price difference was, to me, worth it to get the V6 soundtrack, extra power and 4wd Horses for courses really!

PS Mine already had the haldex which makes it a different car again!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I would rate the MkV GTI above the MkV R32 for aesthetics.
I agree with you when you see them in photos but I was at a VW dealer the other day and they had a new GTI, new ED30 and a new R32 parked up next to each other in a row. The ED30 looks significantly better than the standard GTI (improved rear bumper, colour coded front lip etc...) but the R32 looks the most "special" when you see it in the "flesh".

·
4,328 Posts
When i got mine 2 years ago, i thought really really hard about whether to get a mkv gti instead. It was a very very hard decision. But then driving i got in the r and turned her on and i knew immediately which one to get :)

·
64 Posts
I drove a MkIV R first,fell in love and was put off buying one by boyf coz of the upkeep costs. Then drove a Mk V GTI which looked nice but drove dissapointingly to be honest, loads of lag and the engine is pretty much wound up to the max as is. i thought then an still think now that the MkV looks a bit girly for me. Then fancied an S8 of all things! Anyway, now i have a MkIV on the drive, she's stunning and puts a big stupid grin on my face every day, ok so the MkV handles a bit better, but i like the way mine drives(bit of a handfull at times)-it's more fun that way! it's whatever floats your boat at the end of the day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Too right,my Golf GTI 180 mk4 (now wifes) feels like a FORD FOCUS ha ha,I've had all fast golf's in the past and R32 still raises a smile every day and I dont regret buying a new Mk5 which looks orrible!

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mk5 dosen't do it for me either, don't know why i think it just looks little like othe cars out at the moment eg the fiat punto etc.... just my view though, sure they are just as sweet to drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts