VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had front & rear H&R arb's fitted to my r32 and noticed they had 2 holes each side for either hard or soft setup. but I am sure I have seen people with 3 adjustment holes on theirs

can anyone confirm and also I have had mine set to hard rear and soft front but haven't noticed any real difference

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
My H&R's come with 2 adjustment positions for both the front and rear bars.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Not a MK4
But mine also had 2 settings
I've got both on hard, now the car understeers less but has a tendency to lift off oversteer

I think I'm going to change the front to soft as it seems like it skips in wet weather a little

·
5,496 Posts
I've got H/R roll bars.

I ran mine hard/hard for over a year.

Then changed to hard rear, soft front. Prefer it this way. Makes the front end much more pointier, and the rear tends to slide around much easier when you lift off to provoke it.

Also the other negative of running hard at the front, is that you'll get too much jiggling of the steering wheel even when travelling in a straight line, as every single bump is transferred across the bar and into the steering column. makes for a tiring drive and a tiring ride too.
Another downside of hard at the front is you'll get strong kick back if you hit a bump in a high loaded corner, and the car will momentarily loose composure and loose it's line.

The great thing is though it's dead easy to change the settings from hard to soft, but my personal choice is soft front, hard rear

1 - 13 of 13 Posts