VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Club Lupo were having a rolling road day at Awesome GTi today and it went outside the club to make up the numbers, a couple of Fabia vRS's, a Dodge Viper, a Megane 225 also came along.

I was a bit apprehensive to be honest as when i got the car it didn't have the 6463 and drove like a dog, since it's had the update and i've had chance to properly stretch it's legs it's felt significantly better but i didn't know how this related into figures. Waiting till the end of the day to be put on the rollers did nothing to calm my nerves, especially as from seeing the other cars go on i could see the rollers were putting out very accurate figures.

My turn came around and for a standard car i have to say the R32 has done me proud, i'll let the figures do the talking. I'll get some pics and a video up when i've sorted that out.

Max Clutch Power : 248.91bhp
Max Torque : 238.51lb/ft
Max Wheel : 219.92bhp

One very happy owner :D

·
3,137 Posts
those are good figures db, the book says 237Bhp, what mileage you at now?

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dubzter said:
those are good figures db, the book says 237Bhp, what mileage you at now?
I hit 31k on the way back home, so it's still young :D

Very Cherry said:
very healthy figures indeed mate, a sigh of relief i bet especially in front of other vag members :D
You're very right, i had the sweaty palms the lot. It was worse as well because i went on straight after the Megane which had an FMIC, Filter, Milltek and some Samco pipes and it churned out (without a remap) 258bhp. I just couldn't stop smiling when the bloke floored it though it sounded fantastic which makes me want a Milltek more because it can sound more fantastic :xD

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeh, the Viper got 576bhp, it was enough to vibrate your insides it was that immense!

·
3,137 Posts
your nearly half way there :D

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually it was quite scary, there's no way i'd ever drive that viper on the road, ANIMAL springs to mind. You'd never take it out in the wet, you'd be apprehensive if it was moist! Definitely one for the dry summer days. :mellow:

·
544 Posts
i know the guy that owns the viper and he bumped it once when it was wet, its crazy bit of kit.

·
5,616 Posts
db7 said:
Max Clutch Power : 248.91bhp
Max Torque : 238.51lb/ft
Max Wheel : 219.92bhp

One very happy owner :D
These are my figures also taken from Awesome when mine was standard (with 6463 update). Done in front wheel drive mode.

Max Clutch Power : 233.34bhp
Max Torque : 225.42lb/ft
Max Wheel : 207.50bhp

So in comparison yours did extremely well.

I will say tho that everyone said their figures weren't accurate that day, and mine was 3rd on the RR and I'd just spent 4 hours driving up there so the may account for my figures being lower that yours :D

Here's my vid...

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's interesting as there were a couple of standard Lupo GTi's putting out standard power and the Sports were putting out 2bhp over standard and the Fabia vRS people who had remaps etc said that they were all down on what they expected, so it all says to me they were running accurately yesterday. I forgot to take my camera d'oh but a mate has filmed it for me and there's some pictures that were taken as well and i'll get them up as soon as i've got them :)

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MAT ED30 said:
i know the guy that owns the viper and he bumped it once when it was wet, its crazy bit of kit.
I'm really not surprised that thing is crazed!

·
110 Posts
Mattchaps said:
These are my figures also taken from Awesome when mine was standard (with 6463 update). Done in front wheel drive mode.

Max Clutch Power : 233.34bhp
Max Torque : 225.42lb/ft
Max Wheel : 207.50bhp
Mine came in at:

Max clutch power 232.13 bhp
Max Torque 226.92 lb/ft
Max Wheel 210.56 bhp

As a point of note, not two weeks later both my cooling fans packed up on me and left me stranded at a junction !!!. Dont know if a fully working pair might have given a slightly better result ?

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of my fans is screwed so i don't think it makes that much difference!

Anyway, i said i'd get some pictures and stick the video up, so here you go...

Video Link 1

Video Link 2
:D

·
5,616 Posts
Looking very nice db, very glossy look on the paintwork too.

·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Matt, i spent ages on it with the Dodo Double Wax a week or so ago and gave it a wash before i drove up. It had done just under 200 miles when those pictures were taken and it's held up really well!

I now have, courtesy of the awesome RR page on their website, a jpg of my graph...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts