VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep only a quick drive back from the garage ... it sounds quite quiet in the car but its got a really nice sound outside ...especially when you give it some beans .... cant wait to drive home now ...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok its sounds nice acclerating (albeit a bit tinny) but at the moment i find it drones a bit at 70-80 mph a bit like the old stock Mkiv..hopefully will get better in time , looks great though and it really does grow .....about an inch when its hot

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
i like the look of the pipes i just dont want to come away from the raspy standard sound, i love that sound

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Not really no, only heard one at idle. Really would like to go out in one with a milltek and listen to it, I know i'm just being picky but i love the raw sound at standard.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok then, your in for a musical treat when myself and Danno turn up at Inters:151: have been told by many that mine is one of the loudest when pushed hard, and even Ed at APS agrees on that one, we think its down to the way they are hand built and mine was a special build:p . Dans with the manifold is just a lovely sound, a very tuned sound. But of course they can be driven "quiet" to keep the neighbours happy. As for the raspy sound its just so si much better than standard, seriously it is. One of the lads form TSN has got the cat back fitted and that is nice but after getting out of mine its like there isn't any sound at all;) You may find that this is the best option for you as you get a better quality sound, a better raspy sound, but not exessive.

HTH in some way:151:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I run the Milltek 200csi Hi-Flow cats, with the ST centre section and Milltek back box:151: The manifolds are coming soon aswell as some new mapping from APS:151:

·
1,432 Posts
Dan32 said:
And if I'm lucky, a new exhaust 'mod' :151: is on its way in time to be fitted for Inters
oo are you referring to that special exhaust pipe piece which has an exit halfway along the system which was spoken of alot on another forum many of us frequent VWVortex :)

·
624 Posts
You'll have to wait and see! I've been waiting for it to arrive from the US for 3 months now (it got lost in transit once already) but you're along the right lines.

G

·
Dan32 said:
You'll have to wait and see! I've been waiting for it to arrive from the US for 3 months now (it got lost in transit once already) but you're along the right lines.
More exhaust mods Dan I'm impressed. Is it the same that Pomme had fitted a while ago?

Can't believe even your Chief Techie doesn't know anything about it. Inter company secrets I see :D

·
624 Posts
Jimmy knows, he's just good at keeping secrets! It is the same as Pomme's but with a slight twist.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts