VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
19,388 Posts
I have this button but didnt realise it was an option?
It wasn't an option on the MK5 R32, it was standard.

Maxitrol has a MK5 TDI, where it isn't fitted as standard.

As far as I'm aware it can just be activated by VCDS and if you don't want to go through the hassle of fitting the "reset" button you can "reset" the system when required using VCDS, although the button is much more convenient, obviously.

·
19,388 Posts
mine was retro fitted and it wires into your abs-
It's just the button that's wired into the port on the ABS ECU.

The system uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect a change in rolling radius and thus a tyre deflation. This functionality is activated using VCDS.

·
19,388 Posts
spot on Bob-pretty clever how it works of your abs
Yip and it saves the hassle of having pressure sensors in the wheel like high end Audis and some French cars have, that need replaced every time you change your tyres.

I found the system to be quite good as long as you remember to reset the datum when you adjust pressures or swap wheels around. In my experience it will detect a 4 to 5psi drop and never really had any issues with it being over sensitive.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
It's just the button that's wired into the port on the ABS ECU.

The system uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect a change in rolling radius and thus a tyre deflation. This functionality is activated using VCDS.
It's nice to know how the system works so thanks for that.

·
172 Posts
Yip and it saves the hassle of having pressure sensors in the wheel like high end Audis and some French cars have, that need replaced every time you change your tyres.
I had a Renault laguna before the R & that TPMS was spot on, it gave accurate PSI readings for each tyre on the centre display in the instrument cluster, never had a problem with it, and that was on a ten year old car, never had to change the sensors when I changed the tyres though Bob, just made the tyre fitter aware that sensors where fitted to the wheels, so he didn't try and rip the valves out like they normally do

·
2,665 Posts
Its saved me on a couple of occasions. ran over debris on the m1 and it was pancake flat soon after. It pinged up and i pulled over safely. It easy to just press the reset button after ive checked pressures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts