VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to see if many people have installed the upgraded HALDEX controller into the MkV R32 and what they think of it.

I would also like to know if you installed it yourself (and how) or you hadto take it to someone?

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

So guess there is no way to DIY it at home as I am currently living and working in a small country in the Middle East and it is hard to find a good workshop here to do things like this. :dontknow:

I guess if it comes to it, I will find out if the VW workshop can help me with it!!!

·
1,957 Posts
It's a night and day difference - well worth the money in my opinion.

I believe it can be done as a DIY install, I've seen the instructions online somewhere but can't for hte life of me remember where.

·
1,957 Posts
Mine is permanently in race mode, it has been since the day after I had the switch installed.

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So would it make it much easier to install if I had it put in on race mode and no switch???

·
1,957 Posts
I don't think you can get race mode without the switch as the Gen II controller is in sport mode by default and you have to manually switch it to race.

Incidentally the switch is a right pain to install, it took a couple of hours to get mine done and that was having it installed by a guy who really knew his stuff.

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was thinking!

It looks like it would involve some pulling out of the console section and running some wires up (or something like that)

·
1,957 Posts
To give you an indication of what a pain in the ass the switch is to install, when I was at APS getting mine installed they said that they had sent a switch to a guy in Sweden for him to install himself but after a few hours on the phone he ended up driving from Sweden to Brackley to get APS to install it.

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How hard is it just to replace the controller without the switch to start with?

·
1,957 Posts
I believe that replacing the controller is not overly difficult and is something that a competent mechanic could do at home. I've seen some instructions online how to do it (can't remember where though) and it didn't look all that hard.

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that mate!

If you remember where you saw the instruction or find another set, please let me know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts