VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some ppl said they not got on with the 2 year service thing so have had it remmoved, but did all the R's come with this as standard or was it an optional extra? :confused:

*and how do you know if ur R has got it?*

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Long life service was an option designed for those who did more miles.

My cars currently on Long life program but will be reverting back to standard service as i dont do high miles.

I have heard of cars developing faults or damaging engines on this plan when you just do less than average miles.

Think the only real difference is the oil is long lasting, stil i'd rather have the shorter interval and keep the car running sweet.

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
macdaddy said:
Long life service was an option designed for those who did more miles.

My cars currently on Long life program but will be reverting back to standard service as i dont do high miles.

I have heard of cars developing faults or damaging engines on this plan when you just do less than average miles.

Think the only real difference is the oil is long lasting, stil i'd rather have the shorter interval and keep the car running sweet.
I think I am with you on that one - I drive about 2 miles a day and the only time i do high milage is when I go home to wales and thats only every 3 weeks or so and getting less....

how much they charger to convert it back u know? :confused: and also how can i find out if got it (i assume a call ti vw?) as mine is meant to have it but the garage i got the car off lied about a few things i found out since :2gunsfiring_v1:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
If you check your service book it'll be a longer interval between the services, they shouldnt charge to take the car off the longlife plan as it just means extra services for them to deal with.

Mines just about due now but i think its going to have to wait till next month, like you tho i do 3 miles to work so sometimes the cars hardly warm (that bits a lie, i dont drive slow enough to keep it cool)

I'm going to ask that the haldex is done this time too, not sure when it should be done but with 25k on the clock i reckon in will need a change

1 - 4 of 4 Posts