VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Haldex oil leak in mk5 r32

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  darklord 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,
I am new to VW and recently got mkr32 and got haldex and DSG serviced. However, i can see some oil been dripping from haldex area and mechanic told me I might see some but I drove the car like 200kms since haldex service and still can see it is dripping... is it expected?

#4 ·
You should never have any leaks after something has been serviced. Try to tighten up the empty drain plug a bit but not to hard as you can rip the threads out of the alloy case. Ideally get the drain plug removed and have a new plug and seal fitted then top up the haldex oil again.

#6 ·
Sometimes you do get a bit of oil blown through the breather after the oil change if its been overfilled.

#13 ·
If the crush washer got reused, it can leak. The service kit usually comes with a new fill plug which comes with a new crush washer. Check to make sure the fill plug is tight enough. It should be tightened enough to feel the washer crush and then a little more. I don't know the exact torque spec, I do it by feel. Chances are it has plenty of fluid in it if its leaking out the fill plug.

#14 ·
I have to get it checked, as i don't have right tools for it. I have emailed the mechanic who did the haldex service and he assured me that he put everything new but i have booked an appointment with him on 4th January...so can't drive till den...just reducing risk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.