VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now the prices have dropped i worry it has started falling into the wrong hands.
all this talk of 'ice' 'slamming' and can i beat this is my car faster than a ........etc etc
maybe I'm getting old but thats not why a got a R32

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just because a car is slammed or has "ice" doesn't mean it's fallen in to the wrong hands. Plenty of stunning cars on here that are low doesn't mean that they are chavs or what ever it is you think is the wrong hands.

My car is pretty low and I'm not a chav or race about trying to beat everything I see.

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
now the prices have dropped i worry it has started falling into the wrong hands.
all this talk of 'ice' 'slamming' and can i beat this is my car faster than a ........etc etc
maybe I'm getting old but thats not why a got a R32
I wouldn't say 'wrong' - but certainly different, and not the same sort of owners as 5-10 years ago when they were 10-25K.

Oh well.

·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just because a car is slammed or has "ice" doesn't mean it's fallen in to the wrong hands. Plenty of stunning cars on here that are low doesn't mean that they are chavs or what ever it is you think is the wrong hands.

My car is pretty low and I'm not a chav or race about trying to beat everything I see.
This was aimed at the NEW posters who join up ask maybe ask 2 questions and then sell the car after 2 months.
This seems to me In my eyes to be happening more and more.

This is not aimed at people who like you and me who are here to stick around.

Silvers car dele's & baileys car etc etc although on air ar far far from being in the wrong hands

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I hear what you're saying, i've noticed this too lately with quite a few posts... And as prices drop, it's inevitable i suppose.. With the cost of a high mileage R now being around £4.5 - 5k, the lower echelon of society will undoubtedly see it as a viable purchase..

But as long as you don't fall into that category, it shouldn't bother you.. Just look after your own.

·
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear what you're saying, i've noticed this too lately with quite a few posts... And as prices drop, it's inevitable i suppose.. With the cost of a high mileage R now being around £4.5 - 5k, the lower echelon of society will undoubtedly see it as a viable purchase..

But as long as you don't fall into that category, it shouldn't bother you.. Just look after your own.
Say are you saying that my neons & touring car wing are a no no

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Say are you saying that my neons & touring car wing are a no no
I would say it's your money, you do what you like with your car...... But just to let you know, after reading that i'm wishing i could unsee things and am off to go and cry in a corner... Oh the humanity!!!

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
This was aimed at the NEW posters who join up ask maybe ask 2 questions and then sell the car after 2 months.
This seems to me In my eyes to be happening more and more.

This is not aimed at people who like you and me who are here to stick around.

Silvers car dele's & baileys car etc etc although on air ar far far from being in the wrong hands
Cheers

Problem is, when its winter... I wear a hoody as well a cap.... I'm sure it makes me look like a chav

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Trust me, real "chavs" don't want R32s. Most have never heard of the R32. The only "chavs" who have are the hardcore tuners and the R32 is way to slow for them.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I disagree totally with this, I have had my R for 6 months now easy, its lowered a little and im thinking of adding a small sub to the boot,

So to the Op thats the wrong hands???

I do anything to keep my R in top condition, its clean 99.9% of the time and wants for nothing, if i needs tyres...it has tyres, if it needs any work it gets it asap and is never driven if anything is wrong at all!

Id like to think im keeping it the way it should be looked after, and if i sell it at any point it will show this too, and id like to think its been very well looked after...

Wez

1 - 20 of 125 Posts